Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’ve been a member for a little over a month now. I am impressed with Joomlart in a lot of ways and even a little perplexed at why I never previously became a member when I have been a Joomla dev for years and have been a member of several other template/extension clubs. One thing I find a little frustrating about Joomlart is the Joomlart.com website.
    The JA Ex Manager is a great tool for managing a particular site, but when you manage multiple sites you (I) need quick and easy reference. So when I come to joomlart.com I’d like to see the following:

1) An up to date list of Current Versions of each template and extension. When I say list I mean exactly that. Just a simple, comprehensive list. Preferably this list would include the types of elements that you’d see in a code repository for example. I belong to another club that has something like this but they are ridiculously bad at updating it and they do so manually which is further ridiculous. This list should be updated live each time a file is changed including timestamp. Anything short of that is not worthwhile and will add unnecessary complexity and open up the process to failures big and small.

I’m attaching a mockup of how I’d like to see this list including my preferred naming schema for files which would be a further improvement.

1. CurrentVersionsJA
    Don Lee Friend

Hi there,

I have to admit that that’s a good view, and it would be convenient for users to check for updates…

However, in this situation, I think JoomlArt is not able to apply this UI as we have managed every product as a category, the category has submenus or files… For example, you refer this link http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=381

It will take you to JA Teline IV template category including Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6 subcategories. Just go further to the Joomla 1.5 category http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10381

This category contains lots of files including template package, quickstart package, extension packages…. within version info besides.

So what I want to show you is ONE product being not ONE file, it includes MANY files, every file has its own version..

Therefore, that’s hard to change. Anyways, your suggest is appreciated.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Don Lee 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum