Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

After 2 forum posts anda one support ticket nobody at joomlart is helping me with my site.
    1) http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/problem-with-explorer-site-messed-up-please-help/
    2) http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/blank-page-after-installing-quickstart/
    I can get templates everywhere, when I pay for something I expect some support.
    Please somebody help me.
    I have one live site meseed up in explorer and I cannot install a news version because it doesn’t work.
    Thanks

issay Friend

unfortunatly we get little help. before I become a paying member once I asked a question about when there will be a JA Teline iV new and stable version for joomla1.6 . and I got an aswer immediatly. because they want me to pay. but when I became a member I get little help. most of the time I get help from other fellow members. not from staff. got an aswer for only one help ticket ..

maxiyemal Friend

Thank you for your answer.
    I’ve received an email from support and they are taking care of my ticket. 🙂
    I see a lot of people having problems installing templates.
    A fresh quickstart install does not work. I get a blank page.
    I hope, they will improve the support area. Today people buy templates to have support.

TomC Moderator

While support is an ADDED BENEFIT of a TEMPLATE CLUB …the fact of the matter is that people join template clubs to GET/USE TEMPLATES and related products (Last time I checked, this isn’t the JoomlART “Support Club.”

That being said, I have been a member of JoomlART since 2007, and – within a reasonable period of time – I have always received the assistance I have needed for most issues I’ve posted about … be it from the JA Support Staff or helpful members of the Community.

Unfortunately, what far too many here fail to comprehend is that, compared to the number of members, there IS NOT a 1:1 ratio of JA Support Staff – nor is there such for/with ANY JA Template Club. On any given day, the Support Staff receives DOZENS of requests for assistance. Not only are they trying to assist with all of these issues as best they can, but many are also looking through the various Forum sections trying to assist with questions/issues. This IN ADDITION to working on new templates and products for the JA Community.

Yet another issue I CONSTANTLY see is that MANY issues/questions that people request support tickets for have already been asked/answered within the respective item’s Forum section – and some simply want to take “the easy way out” and don’t want to spend the time/effort searching for such. I, myself, have found MANY of my questions already asked/answered after spending a little time looking for such. Before so quickly complaining about “lack of support,” try spending some time/effort researching the issue first. I’d be willing to bet that well over 80% of the issues submitted for support tickets have already been addressed – the solutions for such are readily available within the Community Forum – such as template installation issues.

While it is certainly a nice added benefit to have a Support Ticket function here at JA, the TRUE strength of support and assistance with various issues is right here within the COMMUNITY FORUM amongst the members – many of whom enjoy doing their best to try to help other fellow members with issues and ideas. The bottom line is PATIENCE and PERSEVERANCE in tackling any given issue … you’d be surprised in what a little time, effort, research and trial-and-error can accomplish.

maxiyemal Friend

You are right but my posts and tickets are from yesterday. After 24 hs I think I should receive a message from support.
    I’m not a kid, I’m 50 and I’ve been working on the net for 14 years.
    Template systems has become something dark and hard and I don’t have time to learn how it works.
    That’s why I buy templates instead of developing my own.
    Is the first time that I install a quickstart and I get a blank page.
    Before my ticket and my posts I tried every tip that I’ve found in the forum but not helped.
    I think that people will go where they feel confident about the products.
    I’m sorry about my english. I speak spanish 🙂

onobles Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 244173 wrote:</em><blockquote>While support is an ADDED BENEFIT of a TEMPLATE CLUB …the fact of the matter is that people join template clubs to GET/USE TEMPLATES and related products (Last time I checked, this isn’t the JoomlART “Support Club.”

That being said, I have been a member of JoomlART since 2007, and – within a reasonable period of time – I have always received the assistance I have needed for most issues I’ve posted about … be it from the JA Support Staff or helpful members of the Community.

Unfortunately, what far too many here fail to comprehend is that, compared to the number of members, there IS NOT a 1:1 ratio of JA Support Staff – nor is there such for/with ANY JA Template Club. On any given day, the Support Staff receives DOZENS of requests for assistance. Not only are they trying to assist with all of these issues as best they can, but many are also looking through the various Forum sections trying to assist with questions/issues. This IN ADDITION to working on new templates and products for the JA Community.

Yet another issue I CONSTANTLY see is that MANY issues/questions that people request support tickets for have already been asked/answered within the respective item’s Forum section – and some simply want to take “the easy way out” and don’t want to spend the time/effort searching for such. I, myself, have found MANY of my questions already asked/answered after spending a little time looking for such. Before so quickly complaining about “lack of support,” try spending some time/effort researching the issue first. I’d be willing to bet that well over 80% of the issues submitted for support tickets have already been addressed – the solutions for such are readily available within the Community Forum – such as template installation issues.

While it is certainly a nice added benefit to have a Support Ticket function here at JA, the TRUE strength of support and assistance with various issues is right here within the COMMUNITY FORUM amongst the members – many of whom enjoy doing their best to try to help other fellow members with issues and ideas. The bottom line is PATIENCE and PERSEVERANCE in tackling any given issue … you’d be surprised in what a little time, effort, research and trial-and-error can accomplish.</blockquote>

I agree with most of your post. However it’s also important to note that while many problems have been fixed via other members, said solutions have yet to be implemented into the template as a new patch. There is a reasonable expectation when you download a template that the template is as bug free as it can be.

Using your estimate, if over 80% of the issues submitted for support tickets have been addressed, then there should have been multiple updates to the template by now to fix said problems. However there hasn’t been. We are still listed in Version: 1.0.1 Beta. Yes it’s been said that once K2 for Joomla 1.6 is released it’ll come out of beta, but in the meantime there are many of us who can’t get accurate support for issues that have been plaguing us.

There have been NUMEROUS issues that have been fixed and yet new members run into them and have to spend hours searching the forum for solutions. Not to mention that not everyone is on the same technical skill, some are comfortable opening up CSS or a PHP file and making edits, while others are not. Not everyone has programs like Dreamweaver to make it easy when it comes to making these edits.

I joined Joomlart on the strength of how amazing JA Teline IV. I’ve been waiting to launch my website since February. I cannot because of issues plaguing the template. I think those of us upset have a right to feel so.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  onobles 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum