Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

why JoomlArt people make our life so difficult. we pay to get a good service. and get a ready made template . not to download a template full of errors and bugs. and to come here asking about this and that. why cant you fix these problems in new versions or in new updates.

in Teline IV template why you cant change ‘breadcrumbs’ to ‘breadcrumb’ in quick install pack !!! do we have to ask about that and waste lot of times on that?

there are lot of small problems which you should correct and rerelease a new updated version. for example in j1.63 JANEWS Pro writers names become Juser!

and searched several ours in forum, to get a solutions . and when I did that. it only show Creator”s name, nott Alias..
    another problem, jabulletins shows incorrect date with lot of charactors… but not fixed yet

in this forum several people asked about a way to make Teline IV home page images clickable . so why you dont do that and release a new updated version.

Phill Moderator

Sorry you are having problems. I can assure you releases are done very often and bugs are fixed as and when they are found.

Breadcrumbs? Can you please explain in more detail what the problem is?

Can you post links to the other threads where you are having issues so we can take a look?

issay Friend

here are some of the many problems I faced:

1- tried to translate MORE: in JA NEWS PRO . but couldnt, searrched forum for several hours. I know there are inni files to translate. so I searhed every file in the site with a program and changed every MORE: to my language. but nothing changed in JA NEWS PRO!

and finally after hours I found that you ppl wrote in mod_janewspro /…/…/ blog_item.php like this:

<strong><?php echo JTEXT::_('MORE:')?></strong>

see that ‘ : ‘ !! that was the problem. I wrote in language in file (en-GB.plg_system_jat3.ini) (aslo in en-GB.mod_janewspro.ini ) in differen ways. like:

a) MORE:=”testxyz”
    b) MORE=”testxyz”
    every way failed !!!

funny thing is in your different themes of ja news pro written in differnt ways. in mobile theme there was no ‘ : ”

note: in my first post in this thered i talked about breadcrumb. when we install quickstart, we cantt see breadcrumb (joomla1.6 Telin IV) so we rush to this forum. and the answer we get is go to module manager and change module position to ‘ breadcrumbs ‘ and also we must remove that ‘s’ and should be ‘ breadcrumb’ !!

why JA staff cant change quickstart pack and update it !!!!

issay Friend

second probelem:
    Iam still an abled to translate ‘Last update’ on top of the page (near the GMT time) ..changed every possible file .. no result.

third problem:
    there is no fix to the probelm in J1.6 with JA NES PRO, as it shows Writer’s name as JUSER !! and wasted several hours . to find a post from a member . suggesting to change
    <joomla url>modulesmod_janewsprotmpldefaultblog_item. php
    $row->creator
    change to:
    $row->creator->get(“name”)

but when i do the is Writer Alias become useless as every thing is writen but supeadmin (or his name) . and some one else told me (she is staff member in JA) to combine two solution . and found a trick solution .

but what Iam saying is that JA do not fix these problems. .. how many ppl asked to make images in home page to be clickable. and to do this there is some code availabe in this forum here and there ..but why cant you put that feature in an updated version. no one will be unhappy with clickable images in JA Front page and JA NEWS PRO.

and I still dont know how to make ja front pages smalle images to be clickable (not main one..but other seven or six small images from different articlesin frontpage )

issay Friend
    TomC Moderator

<em>@issay 241849 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    but what Iam saying is that JA do not fix these problems. .. how many ppl asked to make images in home page to be clickable.[/quote]

dunno …. how many?

<em>@issay 241849 wrote:</em><blockquote>and to do this there is some code availabe in this forum here and there ..[/quote]

this being the case …. why don’t you take that information and implement it yourself?

<em>@issay 241849 wrote:</em><blockquote>and I still dont know how to make ja front pages smalle images to be clickable (not main one..but other seven or six small images from different articlesin frontpage )</blockquote>

what images are you talking about? :confused:

issay Friend

1- what iam saying is, if u fix known problems and bugs it wuld be easy for ppl who download later. for example this problem

Warning: Missing argument 4 for plgContentPlg_JAThumbnail::onContentBeforeDisplay() in /home3/wifirepo/public_html/indyorg/plugins/content/plg_jathumbnail/plg_jathumbnail.php on line 35

is known from beginng of the year but the file I downloaded has the same probelm.

if you fixed it, I dont have to spend hours to reading this forum , for such simple things.

Read the forum and see how many problems are there. and how many fix implemented in new versions.!!

2- I was refering to images in Ja front page module, see this pic

1. wwza
    Phill Moderator

The clickable images is not a bug, that is simply how the module was designed. I will however raise your suggestion. It may or may not be implemented depending on how the idea is revieved. There may or may not be a valid reason why the design was done this way.

Onto the breadcrumbs issue a bug report has been raised and it will get looked at. It was less than 24hours since that was discovered and is an obvious minor typo that is easilly corrected. Hopefully you have fixed your install?

The language translations are alsways a hard one but it really is easy to search for language strings using a tool such as wingrep. The : may have been put in the description deliberately because there are other instances of “MORE”. That really is not a bug but a language string deliberately chosen for a reason.

Please do not be angry, ALL software has minor bugs like these and JA do work hard to minimize them. When problems are found they are addd to the fix list and are ironed out as quickly as possible. Releases are not done dailiy mainly because it takes quite a bit of time. When a serious flaw is found they usually are fixed in the release immediately but minor typos do have to wait at times but the support staff will do their best to assist in the mean time. Almost all software companies work this way. A minor bug my take just a couple of minutes to fix but re-building a package for download can take a substantial time.

TomC Moderator

<em>@issay 241867 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    if you fixed it, I dont have to spend hours to reading this forum , for such simple things.[/quote]

So it’s a matter of you not wanting to put in the time to search for issues and read/learn solutions offered?

<em>@issay 241867 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    2- I was refering to images in Ja front page module, see this pic
    </blockquote>

The title of the article to which the image is attributable is already clickable … making the thumbnail images clickable as well would be redundant.

crazyleggs Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 241917 wrote:</em><blockquote>So it’s a matter of you not wanting to put in the time to search for issues and read/learn solutions offered?

The title of the article to which the image is attributable is already clickable … making the thumbnail images clickable as well would be redundant.</blockquote>

I would have to agree with issay here. If there are known issues with the template that have been resolved in the forum, update the template available for download,. It been a while since IV has been released, and the same version is still available for download with none of the issues resolved in the forum included in the download. What sense does it make to have me spend hours searching for a fix that has already been discovered and resolved?

Phill Moderator

That is not quite true. A lot of bugs have been fixed mostly in the plugin. Remember the plugin now contains a lot of the code that the template needs so most bugs can be fixed there. The template had also had fixes applied. If you have a specific problem feel free to ask and we will try and assist..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum