Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have a question with regard to K2 – and, to be honest, the community over at the K2 website (in terms of support) is horrible …. so I thought I’d ask here.

Okay, so what I want to try to accomplish is setting up user accounts for SPECIFIC USERS as my site’s designated BLOGGERS. Furthermore, I want each of these Bloggers to have their own “About Me” page.

Does anyone know if and/or how this can be done?

Thanks !!

TOM

pallavi_t Friend

Hi tcraw1010,

step 1 : You need to create seperate user group,for this group you can have the specific rights to write the blogs.

step 2 : Create EXTRA FIELD GROUPS. Name your field groups Blog. Extra Field Groups are used as root for your categories.

step 3 : Add EXTRA FIELDS for your extra field groups.
    Default: Title, Text and Image are the default fields.This could be readily used for your Articles, Blogs or News groups.

step 4 : Add extra field for Directories, Catalogs, and other extra field groups.

step 5 : Add CATEGORIES. Associate extra field group for your categories. You can create categories for your Blog, Catalog or Directory. Configure your desired parameters.

step 6 : Add USER GROUPS. Defaults are Registered and Site Owner. If you want certain user group to be able to add item at the frontend, select yes for FRONT-END ITEM EDITING, yes for ADD ITEMS, yes on how they edit an item: OWN or ALL, and yes for PUBLISH, if you want users to publish their own articles.

DO NOT FORGET TO ASSIGN CATEGORIES for your user group. Options are all, none, and select from list.

step 7 : Assign your existing users their own K2 USER GROUP. Set their gender, add description, and upload an image for their avatar. These details will appear as author’s detail at the bottom of their articles if enabled in your category parameters.

step 8 : Add tags.

step 9 : Assign menus using the Menu Manager.

Options:
    Copy or form layout
    Item – create a menu item directly to an item in K2
    Categories – displays a list of items from one or more categories.
    Tag – create a menu linking to a tag in K2
    User Page (blog) – create a menu item linking to a user page (blog layout)

Regards,
    Pallavi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pallavi_t 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum