Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I could not find any current discussions on this..

How can visitors share my K2 Items on their facebook? People can like the article, but how can they share it?

In the K2 parameter there is a Social tab. Here i could paste some parameters in “Social Button” code.. should i use that? And if so, what should i put in there?

Thanks in advance

phong nam Friend

Hi compas,

On your concern, i have two suggestions for you:

1. JA Bookmark plugin
    This plugin integrate AddThis and AddToAny social application into the Joomla article/ K2 item that allows the vistors to share the content to social channels like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ … You can refer the features and download it at http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/extensions/ja-bookmark-plugin

2. Add social embed codes into K2 item.

You can add the social embed codes into templatesja_merohtmlcom_k2templatesja_meroitem.php.

Note: If you use the K2 default template, you can copy the item.php file in component folder and move it to templatesja_merohtmlcom_k2templatesdefault, then put the embed codes into.

compas Friend

Hi Leo,

The Bookmark plugin seems to be a good way.. but I cannot download it. Do I need a different subscription for that?

COmpas

phong nam Friend

Hi compas,

I missed to mention you abou that. Yes, you need to purchase a JAEC membership to download and use our commercial extensions at http://www.joomlart.com/member/signup.php. With this membership, you will have full access to more than 30 commercial extensions from us, except JA Jobboard component.

azurdo Friend

Sorry i have a question about this

The item view doesnt show the facebook button. I have configured it in the category (show g+, twitter and fb) but it only show g+ and twitter.

It creates a white block

1. fb
    phong nam Friend

Hi azurdo,

In this case, you can backup the templatesja_merohtmlcom_k2templatesja_meroitem.php file and overridden it with my attached file below.

If this method is not effective, i think you can refer the 2nd solution of using the social share buttons that i mentioned in previous reply at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/k2-item-share-on-facebook/#post-505524 . Make sure that you set No to show K2 social buttons. And you can try on AddThis sharing buttons, and put the embed codes into 306th line of item.php file.

1. item.zip
    azurdo Friend

HI Leo

I have compared the item.php file and it is the same that i have. The second option i have tried it but a can see all share buttons except FB. I don´t know what it´s happening.

Could it be some css style, i ´m working in it.

Thanks

phong nam Friend

Hi azurdo,

<blockquote>Could it be some css style, i ´m working in it.</blockquote>
    Just keep going on. If you still need our assistance on this concern, you can send me PM with website’s credentials so that I can fix or at least give you better guides on this.

azurdo Friend

Thanks Leo for your asistance the second option works fine, it was a js conflict. I have tried with other “Select style” for Add this and it works fine

Great support, thanks !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  azurdo 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum