Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi all

simple question,

As the newer templates are saying K2 ready, can I just install k2 on an already existing website using the Ja Rasite template with no problems?

Pd

cssyeah Moderator

Hi pdfx,

If you want to use the JA Rasite with K2 component, you must create new theme for K2 and style it compatible with the JA Rasite template.

:).

pdfx Friend

thanks for the reply,
    I do not want to change existing pages on the site, just add the k2 component and create a blog within the site.
    Just adding a few bloggers,

If i upload the k2 component to my existing site will it effect the already established pages? Of course i will back up first anyway

Paul

Manos Moderator

There is no problem on that ! You can use K2 to create your blog and you can style it with k2.css (if you need)

pdfx Friend

Thanks for the reply, all good then

Paul

cssyeah Moderator

Hi pdfx,

I think, you can use the K2 theme of the JA Norite template and modify some css code section.

gail_peacock Friend

I tried the K2 component on my site but it messed up the width of the home page. Other pages seemed ok as far as I can remember. Not sure how to fix that problem so I uninstalled the component.

Manos Moderator

Are you sure about that? I have tested on localhost with no problem at all.

gail_peacock Friend

Hi.

My website I have a specified fixed width of 980px. When I enable the K2 component the home page reverts back to being the default narrow width.

You see my website here http://www.spiritconnexions.com with the wide width. I think I would need to alter some CSS somewhere to stop the page shrinking when K2 is enabled.

cssyeah Moderator

Hi gail_peacock,

Your website has width 980px. You try to enable K2 component, i’ll help you check that problem.

🙂

Manos Moderator

The problem (although i haven’t seen K2 enabled yet) is caused probably by JS

cssyeah Moderator

Thanks pascm,

@gail_peacock: I think, you should check the JS file on your site.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cssyeah 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum