Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Was this ever updated? Using the dark version in the first post for Sandine results in the problems pointed out earlier in the thread. Is there any updated version floating around?

tiezeman Friend

Here’s my update for JA_Sanidine II to work with Kunena. It’s the dark version.

It’s been tested on Kunena version 1.5.6 and I believe it works.

I took the files as they were distributed in this thread and addressed the things that others commented on. Next to that, I tried to make it even more as it looked originally with Fireboard.

To do so, I removed some functionality that Kunena offers from this template. Most is just commented out, some other things are however just deleted. The standard templates offered by Kunena ofcourse offer all, so if you want some from that, just try to copy it into this template.

Installation Procedure:

1. Using the Joomla installer, uninstall FireBoard. Your data will remain intact (trying this with FB <1.0.3 will cause lost of all attachments and avatars!).
    2. Using the Joomla installer, install Kunena, by entering the URL into the URL field in the installer (recommended), or optionally, uploading the component package file
    3. Using the Joomla administrator, find your Menu item(s) for FireBoard, and use “Change Type” to change them to Kunena
    4. Unpack the attached ja_sanidine_ii[kunenaDark].zip and upload the complete folder to your server in the folder /components/com_kunena/template
    5. In your administration panel Components>Kunena Forum, open Kunena Configuration and select ja_sanidine_ii[kunenaDark] at both “Template” and “Image Sets”

That should do the trick.

Not related to the template, but still…
    In case you use Community Builder just like me, don’t forget to link Kunena to CB:

1. In your administration panel Components>Community Builer, select “Plugin Management” in the menu and select “Forum Integration.” At the right top you can select Kunena as the new Forum Component.

If you dislike the term “Categories” and want to use “Forums” instead, you can replace the term in the translation file of Kunena, which can be found at /administrator/components/com_kunena/language.

Please let me know if you run into any issues.

batchuk Friend

The light version needs the same too.

sc_web Friend

any update on the light version?

Makis77 Friend

I have posted detailed instructions on how to update to Kunena, using the old Sanidine Template here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=170469&highlight=Migrate+FB+Kunena#post170469

kymmy Friend

For those using the light template I found that there are still a few faults such as the moderation buttons incorrectly formatted and the top menu having grey text on a grey background..

Using firebug I soon realised that the DIV for the mod buttons doesn;t exist in the kunena CSS file so grabbing code from another template that worked the buttons OK I found that this needs to be added to the CSS file

#Kunena div.fb_message_buttons_cover {
    float: right;
    }
    #Kunena div.fb_message_buttons_row {
    text-align:right;
    height: 15px;
    line-height: 15px;
    margin: 4px 0px 3px;
    line-height: 14px;
    white-space: nowrap;
    }

for the menu items color just change the color code in these two statements in the same CSS file

#Kunena #Kunena_tab a span

This is the non-highlighted menu choices, I personally changed it to black)

and

#Kunena #Kunena_tab a:hover span, #Kunena #Kunena_tab li.Kunena_item_active a span

Which I changed to Orange to match some of the other text

If I find anything else I will post it 😎

Phill Moderator

Thanks for that. To be honest, I lost interest in finishing this as I don’t use the template in question. It is great to see others finishing off the details.

kymmy Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 193832 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for that. To be honest, I lost interest in finishing this as I don’t use the template in question. It is great to see others finishing off the details.</blockquote>

🙂 Only just signed upto the joomla template club as I was suprised at the high quality of the templates.. So really glad I can instantly give something back 🙂

Also local (just North of Luton :D)

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  kymmy 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum