Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi

the final Release of Kunena 1.6. is now out. In the beta phase was a discussion or better the requirement to adapt the the JA Social template to support Kunena as Agora.

Are there any release plans to suppport Kunena at the moment ?

Regards
    Gummel

aman204 Friend

Any 3rd party extension can be supported in the specific template. It mainly depends upon the specific extension as to how it is coded and will it be able to adapt itself well with the specific template in terms of styling, js compatiablity e.t.c

Regarding Kunena, You can use it in specific template but it will inherit its own styling so you will need to make changes in specific extensions files to get it as per your preference

augengott Friend

I think gummel means if you already styled a kunena template (like agora) because kunena template for ja social is already on the wishlist here…

this would be great!

ctfiglobal Friend

I second augengott opinion. Having Kunena integration for JA Social will be awesome…looking forward for it

markan01 Friend
    gummel Friend

Hi,

yes it looks googd and you can buy it, but you can’t remove the footer link.

regards
    gummel

augengott Friend

hey joomlart team
    there is a fitting kunena theme out which is designed for your ja social template.
    I hope you’re interested in your customers and share this / create one here – I think nobody wants to pay for this templateclub here and has to go to subscribe somewhere else because you don’t listen.

augengott Friend

please give us a statement if a kunena theme will be available here…

so if not we all don’t have to wait and will perhaps purchase it there.. or (what we wish) tell us that you bring one here quickly.

so or so, information is required.

Phill Moderator
    augengott Friend

thx phill,
    but I think this is like day and night if you have a look at the really fitting one for ja social here:
    http://www.templatekunena.com/template/81-social-kunena-16-template-released

this is really what we’re expecting. so let me ask again and for the last time:
    will there be a fitting kunena template for ja social HERE or do we have to go and purchase it somewhere else?

Phill Moderator

That really sounds more like a demand:p

I really do not know if they are going to do it. However I am working on one myself. I know there is a big difference in quality between the one I linked to and the paid one but for many it will be fine.

I’ve been looking into it an the Agora template is very simple mainly just css. Kunena takes a lot more work as their template system is more complex so please do not expect something in a hurry.

augengott Friend

of course it isn’t a demand.

but I think everybody at joomlart has to understand that I (and also some others who would like to use kunena) won’t sit here another 4 weeks waiting and hoping that a template will come out. Because if I would do so and there won’t be one I’m really angry with myself why I haven’t ordered the other one somewhere else and lost my time waiting here…

But of course if I know that there will be a template here I won’t go somewhere else…

I think everyone who uses ja social and plans to use kunena thinks the same…

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi there,

Sorry to say this, but there is no plan for kunena theme for JA Social. It already has one forum style.

Sorry guys.

Arvind

gummel Friend

Hi Arvind,

in the preview phase was a long discussion about Kunena support, because a lot of customers prefer Kunena.
    I’m a little bit disappointed about this decision and I think a lot of other customers …

<blockquote>Originally Posted by Hung Dinh
    It does not mean we don’t support Kunena. Both Kunena and Agora has great team behind… It is like the story of Jomsocial and Community Builder last year. The only reason we don’t support Kunena at this time is that they are still in RC release, let’s wait until they are stable then we can consider to support both components</blockquote>

>:(
    Regards
    Gummel

Phill Moderator

I do understand the decision. How many third party extensions can be supported? There has to be a point when one template has had enough time put into it and the future ones have to be worked upon. Kunena was not ready during the development stage of Social which is why the decision to develop for Agora was made. Agora has come on leaps since the early days and is now an excellent package.

Social will contuniue to have bugs fixed etc but to add new features? That has to be very low on the priority list.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum