Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello,

While integrating the kunena 1.6 default template into ja portfolio, a few pixels from the top of the forumt emplate get cut off at the top margin of the content bllock. ( please see http://www.icnapedia.org/content/forum).
    I was afraid to meddle with the japortfolio css, lest I mess it up.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.
    Cheers and a very happy new year to all
    Bijou

Phan Gam Friend

Hi,

Please try to set style with

#Kunena #ktop {
    background-color: #5388B4 !important;
    border-color: #5388B4;
    margin-top: 2px;
    padding-top: 20px !important;
    }

If the errors persist, please open the ticket YTQ-747-45387and update your site access information, clarify the issue you are facing as well then our devs will diagnose and get it fixed asap for you. Thanks for your patience!

For information on best security practices, and frequently asked questions about sharing access with JoomlArt support, kindly refer to the knowledgebase article at: http://support.joomlart.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/3/0/providing-joomlart-with-access-to-your-site-or-server

kutu Friend

I have same problem.

I changed kunena template css as you said. But nothing changed.

On the other hand kunena tabs (in profile section) and “Collapse” [-] icons doesn’t work. I think somethings conflict with template or jat3.

My site in my local host but you can see same problem in http://www.icnapedia.org/content/forum

Would you guide me

Phill Moderator

Do you have the mootools upgrade plugin enabled?

kutu Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 213303 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you have the mootools upgrade plugin enabled?</blockquote>

No it is not. Should i enable?

Phill Moderator

It must be for the collapse buttons to work. Kunena 1.6 uses features only available in the later version of moo.

bijuhameed Friend

The CSS problem disappeared on a fresh installation of Ja_Portfolio. You are probably right in suspecting there is some css conflict with other components. Regarding the tabs and the collapse icons , I hope it will resolve once mootools 1.2 is enabled, but there might still be conflicts. since tabs are working, but collapse icon not working for me.
    Cheers
    Bijou

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@bijuhameed 213336 wrote:</em><blockquote>The CSS problem disappeared on a fresh installation of Ja_Portfolio. You are probably right in suspecting there is some css conflict with other components. Regarding the tabs and the collapse icons , I hope it will resolve once mootools 1.2 is enabled, but there might still be conflicts. since tabs are working, but collapse icon not working for me.
    Cheers
    Bijou</blockquote>

as , on the quickstart, the site works great when you enable the mootools upgrade plugin.
    Now, you need to check how many new extensions did you install on the site? => you should disable one by one to find which extension is causing the issue?

Note: if the site use a extension having jquery libs, you need to check

1) the jquery libs load once, if load more than 2 jquery libs => the javascript bug will happen. the script tag of The query libs will put below the script of mootools . please see html source of the page.
    2) code fix is mentioned in here http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/, to fix the issue with mootools

bijuhameed Friend

<em>@tienhc 213416 wrote:</em><blockquote>as ,

Note: if the site use a extension having jquery libs, you need to check

1) the jquery libs load once, if load more than 2 jquery libs => the javascript bug will happen. the script tag of The query libs will put below the script of mootools . please see html source of the page.
    2) code fix is mentioned in here http://api.jquery.com/jQuery.noConflict/, to fix the issue with mootools</blockquote>

Thanks tienhc, unfortunately all these problems are due to multiple jquery’s being loaded. In my case

gcalendar loads jquery 1.3.2
    jomsocial loads jquery 1.4.3
    community answers load 1.4.2
    sigplus gallery also loads the latest version of jquery from google CDN

The only way I could get them to work, is by making sure they are not loaded all at once on the same page. Any other method seems to make atleast one of them stop working. Particulary, the sigplus gallery, wont work unless the plugin is the first one to be called.

Ideally I would have hoped to call jquery just once from google cdn and make it available for all the other components, but unfortunately Iam not brave enough to tinker with the individual component codes.

With the current set up, everything seems to be working except of course the collapse icons on kunena. May be I will have to live with that.

Cheers
    Bijou

Phill Moderator

Be brave and tinker. If you make a backup first then the worst that can happen is you need to restore the backup. If it is individual file you are ediing then it is a simple job to restore those.

Hopefully as time moves on plugin authors will use Joomla’s built in libraries and we can stop all this mess. It is always a problem to mix versions but if all are singing from the sem hymn sheet all should be fine.

Get tinkerring and tell us how it goes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum