Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hello there

after a few not so satisfying tries with the multilingual plugin, i translated my site on my own.
    and it s all running and groovy, execpt for 2 things

1 i can t figure why, but the language pick up module won”t show up in the second language (french)
    2 whatever i do, the module showing featured article on the home (home-10 position)will display the articles under the homepage modules, where it should show just the articles.

any1 could peek this and let me know what i missed please?

thxs

escrennes Friend

<em>@escrennes 448200 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello there

after a few not so satisfying tries with the multilingual plugin, i translated my site on my own.
    and it s all running and groovy, execpt for 2 things

1 i can t figure why, but the language pick up module won”t show up in the second language (french)
    2 whatever i do, the module showing featured article on the home (home-10 position)will display the articles under the homepage modules, where it should show just the articles.

any1 could peek this and let me know what i missed please?

thxs</blockquote>

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    wanna know something funny about this template? :p :p here we go
    if you don t have anythingelse than the language change module in the positions at the right of the main nav : it won t show the language module !!!!!:eek:
    just add the search, the login form, or whatever in those positions, and shazam! the language module is back!!!!>:(>:(

i nearly cried before i found this!

so please if any1 could help me with the module sticking to the head of the page when i would like them to be gone, it would be great!
    thxs

TomC Moderator

<em>@escrennes 448207 wrote:</em><blockquote>

so please if any1 could help me with the module sticking to the head of the page when i would like them to be gone, it would be great!
    thxs</blockquote>

Can you be a bit more specific as to what yo want to try to accomplish? 🙂

Eragon H Friend

You can try to delete the current Menu items that all the categories (Marketing (fr), Ressources Humaines, …) are assigned to, then re-add.
    It seems there is problem with link of those Menu items

escrennes Friend

hello there! thxs for the reply, here is the thing :

on the homepage you’ll find the same modules as in the demo of magz template.

on the home-10 position, i have a module displaying featured artcile
    on the home -11 position i have a add and belo, a tab module displaying popular/latest articles

if i click on the links in the Popular/latest articles, everything runs fine, i get a new page with my article. GREAT!
    BUT
    if i click on the links from the featured articles (position 10), things get messy, the modules that are set up to be displayed only on the home page stick to the top of the page, and i get the artcile below.
    wich id pretty confusing.

This must be dealing with categories of the articles as it s working fine with some articles
    In french :
    in innovation fr OK, but not with the ones in marketing fr

IIn english :
    Nothing is working as expected
    Thxs for the help

escrennes Friend

OOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

so here is the deal :

you have to set sub categories as language ALL for the links to work properly…
    Why ? MYSTERY!

escrennes Friend

to whoever ( Eragon would be my guess) is playing around in the admin, please put it back as it was, it finally worked nicely.
    Thxs
    🙂

AAAaaand you just did, thxs mate!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  escrennes 10 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum