Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I would appreciate some help with how to manage this. I would like to have unique category list table headings for different categories.

The way I have achieved this now is by duplicating the templates and assiging it to the individual category listing menu, after customising the
    templates/ja_portfolio/html/com_content/category/default_items.php

But that would mean, I need to duplicate the template 4 or 5 times. Does this have any effect on peformance.

Better yet, is there any way to do a override by having multiple default_items.php in the same templates/ja_portfolio/html/com_content/category/

I did explore language overriding with help from the joomla forum, but the category list table heading variables seem to be inbuilt into the template

Cheers
    Bijou

Sherlock Friend

Dear bijuhameed,

Not sure what you meant,I think you can override as many times as you want in the folder of templates/ja_portfolio/html/com_content/category/. Can you explain more details what you want / have done ?

bijuhameed Friend

<em>@dathq 213614 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear bijuhameed,

Not sure what you meant,I think you can override as many times as you want in the folder of templates/ja_portfolio/html/com_content/category/. Can you explain more details what you want / have done ?</blockquote>

Thanks dathq,

Essentially I would like to have a different
    ja_portfolio/html/com_content/category/default_items.php
    for individual menu items or individual categories.

The purpose is to have different table headings in the articles > category list view for different categories.

cheers
    Bijou

Sherlock Friend

Dear bijuhameed,

If you open the file of ja_portfolio/html/com_content/category/default.php you would see a block of code like this
    [PHP] <?php $this->items =& $this->getItems();
    echo $this->loadTemplate(‘items’); ?>[/PHP] You can add a IF Statement here,for example
    [PHP]
    <?php $this->items =& $this->getItems();
    if(){
    echo $this->loadTemplate(‘items’); ?>

}esle if{
    echo $this->loadTemplate(‘items1’);
    } else if{
    echo $this->loadTemplate(‘items2’);
    }
    so on…
    [/PHP] above is just sample code,you need to make change yourself for it to work.
    I hope you understand what I meant !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum