Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Dear Support,

Please be informed that I want to make my website multilingual (English and Arabic) Content Languages. I have set up everything as listed in the video below but the Language switcher is still not shown in my website.

Kindly for your help.

Video Link: https://www.joomlart.com/video-tutorials/joomla-video/joomla-languages

Regards,

Ahmad Moussa

pavit Moderator

Hi

You will need to create a new menu ( Arabic ) and assign menu items to it – i created a new menu item and set it as default home for arabic language

tishelpdesk42 Friend

Thank you Mr.Pavit,

Please be noted that the English Flag is not shown..more even why the arabic main menu name is not shown if I switch to Arabic?

Thanks alot

pavit Moderator

Hi

I created a new english menu and fixed your arabic home , you will need to move all english items from main menu to main menu-en

tishelpdesk42 Friend

Thank you Pavit 🙂

Please can you tell me how did you fix the arabic name? or can you tell me all changes you made so I can learn.

Thanks in advance.

Ahmad

pavit Moderator

Please can you tell me how did you fix the arabic name?

Menu item should have assigned as template the new Arabic template i created and in which is assigned as default menu the Arabic menu

or can you tell me all changes you made so I can learn.

I created also a new template style with layout home-no-main and flagged it as default template for english language then i choosed for this template the new english main menu i created .

That’s all

tishelpdesk42 Friend

Thank you 🙂

tishelpdesk42 Friend

Dear Pavit,

Sorry last question, Which template I have to assign to the Arabic (Non-Home) Menu…as when I click on any arabic menu it sends me to the english (One menu) page.

Please access the arabic page then click on any arabic main menu. How can I fix it?

Regards,
    Ahmad

pavit Moderator

Hi

You will need to use the home-nomain layout only for your home for all other pages you can use the default layout , it is fixed now

tishelpdesk42 Friend

Dear Pavit,

Please be informed that my Arabic Home Page has gone. How can I restore it back?

Also be noted that when I have accessed this link, I noticed a css issue in the arabic language comparing to the englihs.

https://careers.tis.edu.sa/index.php/ar/newest-jobs-ar

https://careers.tis.edu.sa/index.php/en/newest-jobs

Ahmad

pavit Moderator

Hi

I fixed your home menu item problem

Regarding the css issue i tested switching menu item to default joomla protostar template and problems is still there so i suppose component js jobs may have some problems with rtl languages because also it works fine with ja_university language version.

tishelpdesk42 Friend

Thank alot Pavit…Ill contact Js Jobs extension’s Author to check this problem.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tishelpdesk42 7 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum