Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

I’m having some problems on a site I’m building. One the home page: wptdeepstacks.com/newsite I have one large white box which I cannot figure out where to disable or change the content for this. I’ve scoured through the module manager and can’t find it. I don’t have anything in the article manager. I installed the quickstart file so that is what I’m working off of.

Also, the “Hi. Fixel.” box doesn’t show the content. I’ve kept all the same settings but can’t get that to show.

Thanks for your help!
    Chris

TomC Moderator

I believe that white box is the Masthead module –> SEE SECTION 3

christobals Friend

Hey Tom,

When I disabled that, it removed the orange-pinkish box where the “Hi. Fixel.” text is supposed to show. I only have one JA Masshead module running so that white box is a mystery to me. Any other thoughts?

Appreciate it man,
    Chris

Adam M Moderator

Hi Chris,

There might be another blank module published in module position ‘home-1‘, please try to disable them one by one and check again.

christobals Friend

Hey Adam,

Still no luck. Should I try reinstalling the quickstart package? One thing I realized I didn’t do was install the sample data.

Chris

christobals Friend

I just reinstalled with sample data and it looks like the demo site so I’ll work off of that.

Thanks again, sweet @ss template!
    Chris

sp1der Friend

i am also facing the white box when using the template without sampledata. I have disable all home-1 modules but the white box is still around.

upload image to forum post is not working for me. No idea why.

But at the frontpage, it is just a big 2x2grid white box when everything in home-1 has been unpublished.

sp1der Friend

I have found 3 area that causes the white spaces and manage to use custom css to hide it.

Am I applying it correctly or there is a better way? Will the css below cause other issue to other than position home-1?

.items.grid-2×2.no-repeat.pageheading {
    width:0!important;
    height:0!important;
    }

.t3-content {
    padding-top: 0px!important;
    padding-bottom: 0px!important;
    }

.main-content {
    margin-left: 0px!important;
    margin-right: 0px!important;
    }

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Could you please provide your site url so I can have a look ?

sp1der Friend

Hi Adam,

I would like to but no public host at the moment. A screenshot was posted in another thread and I have link it here.
    Do you think the css path could have help you to narrow down the possible cause?

1. Untitled_zps374bbae5
    Adam M Moderator

Hi,

In this case, please open your browser and take a fullscreen picture so I can understand better.

igorrobertifoc Friend

I have the same problem. It’appen when you install the template without sample data.
    The big 2×2 is the “Main article” is the default home page. I tried to remove but dowsn t work…

I don’t want to reinstall with sample data.

Adam M Moderator

Hi,

Please note that if you’re using Articles ยป Featured Articles for home page, make sure you have at least 1 featured article. If it doesn’t solve your problem, please provide your site url so I can have a look.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Adam M 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum