Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’ve been trying to create larger preview boxes on the Front Page with little success:((

Tried changing the params but no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, how do I disable ‘load more awesomeness…?’ bar underneath the pictures.

I’m clueless or just being a dummy…again!

Sherlock Friend

<blockquote>I’ve been trying to create larger preview boxes on the Front Page with little success

Tried changing the params but no luck so far. Any help would be appreciated.</blockquote>

By default, the preview boxes have the width size 3 times bigger than the width of an item, if you want to change this, for example increase it to 4 times bigger, you can try the following instruction:

Open the file templatesja_lensjswall.js and look for this snap of code:
    .append($(‘<div id=”popup-inner”></div>’).append($(‘<iframe id=”popup-iframe” src=”‘ + url + ‘” height=”1″ width=”‘ + (jcontainer.data (‘basewidth’)? jcontainer.data (‘basewidth’) : $(‘#base-blank-item’).width()) * 3 + ‘” scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ />’).bind(‘load’, ifmOnload)))

change it to
    .append($(‘<div id=”popup-inner”></div>’).append($(‘<iframe id=”popup-iframe” src=”‘ + url + ‘” height=”1″ width=”‘ + (jcontainer.data (‘basewidth’)? jcontainer.data (‘basewidth’) : $(‘#base-blank-item’).width()) * 4 + ‘” scrolling=”no” frameborder=”0″ />’).bind(‘load’, ifmOnload)))

And look for this code
    jpcontent.parent().addClass(‘item-popup-view grid-trible’).css(‘width’, (jcontainer.data (‘basewidth’)? jcontainer.data (‘basewidth’) : $(‘#base-blank-item’).width()) * 3);

change it to:
    jpcontent.parent().addClass(‘item-popup-view grid-trible’).css(‘width’, (jcontainer.data (‘basewidth’)? jcontainer.data (‘basewidth’) : $(‘#base-blank-item’).width()) * 4);

also if you want to remove ‘load more awesomeness…?’ on that file, you delete this code
    $(‘<div id=”item-more” class=”item item-more”><div class=”inner item-inner clearfix”><h3>Click To Load More Awesomeness…</h3></div></div>’).appendTo ($container);

Try and let me know if they help !

swtinning Friend

Thanks for that. I’ll give it a try and leave some feedback. I really appreciate your help. Top bloke!

swtinning Friend

Just tried the code.

Yes it works perfect for the preview.
    Sorry my fault but how do I change the box/image size on the home page. I basically want larger images and less of them.

Thanks for your help.

cplanetdoo Friend

@sherlock Holmes: If I enable recaptcha at k2 comments the item height ( only at preview mode) is about 70-100px shorter than it should be and hides some area…

I would be grateful if you could tell me how to increase the height of the iframe in wall.js

EDIT:
    a solution could be at line 96

ifm.height = $(doc).height() + 120;

but i don’t know how it would look like in mobile and tablets…can anybody try the above and take a look at tablets mobiles etc?

swtinning Friend

Hi – will give it a go. Thanks

swtinning Friend

No result but it maybe me being a dummy! Can anyone explain further? This is freaky me out and should be very simple. Is the code located in box-maker.js?

cplanetdoo Friend

OK let’s explain:

File: templatesja_lensjswall.js
    Find line 96 which is
    ifm.height = $(doc).height();
    and change to
    ifm.height = $(doc).height() + 120;

which makes 120px longer the preview iframe of the K2 item in case it is shorter than it is supposed to be. Consider this as a hack and not a solution.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@swtinning 324511 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just tried the code.

Yes it works perfect for the preview.
    Sorry my fault but how do I change the box/image size on the home page. I basically want larger images and less of them.

Thanks for your help.</blockquote>

Hi swtinning,

If you go to the template back-end you would see the field of Average Item Base Width there, you can enter the Average box size as you wished .

swtinning Friend

Thank you to all you guys. Both iframe techniques work fine Top banana!
    Brilliant to have you on this forum. I really appreciate your help on this matter.
    I can see the advanced options ‘item height’, item width’ but no ‘Average Item Base Width?
    And when I try different dimensions nothing happens?:((

swtinning Friend

To add more detail, rather than 6 image boxes across the width of the front page, what do I do if I want only 4 and a larger image?
    Thanks.

Sherlock Friend

<em>@swtinning 326447 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you to all you guys. Both iframe techniques work fine Top banana!
    Brilliant to have you on this forum. I really appreciate your help on this matter.
    I can see the advanced options ‘item height’, item width’ but no ‘Average Item Base Width?
    And when I try different dimensions nothing happens?:((</blockquote>

That’s strange, your template might be an old version, you can pm me your url, the admin account as well as the FTP info I will have a checking for you 🙂

swtinning Friend

Thanks Sherlock:) Yes it was the template version. 1.03 rather than the 1.0 beta.
    Great support. Cheers.
    For anyone else a word of advice, be careful and ensure that you calculate your ratios correctly. e.g. the default 240:160 = 3:2 ratio.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  swtinning 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum