Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Thanks for all your help so far. Its getting close now…

The “View Cart” and related text (e.g. “Your Cart is Currently Empty” or “X product: $y.yy” that appears by the cart graphic in the header area is not appearing in IE 6. It works fine in Firefox 2 and 3. I don’t have IE 7 installed so I don’t know about that (perhaps someone can check for me?).

I changed the location of the cart in ja-vm.css as follows, changing only the top position and commenting out the background graphic call. I’ve tried playing with these setting but that didn’t work:

<blockquote>#ja-vm-cart {
    color: #FFFFFF;
    width: 243px;
    margin: 0px;
    padding-left: 20px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 120px;
    right: 0px;
    /* background: url(../images/vm-cart-bg.gif) top right no-repeat; */
    }</blockquote>

Can anyone help me get may cart functionality to appear in Internet Explorer?

site URL is http://www.tikibarstuff.com

Some additional data:

Joomla 1.5.3
    Larix 1.2
    Downloaded and installed the Quickstart on June 9, which I think included the VM patch

Many thanks.

Vin

Sherlock Friend

Hi vdm13 !
    Have you fixed your problem ? I have tested in IE and IEtester , view cart still appears.

vdm13 Friend

Hi, Hainn84.

I’m confused a bit. It does not work for me. I’ve cleared my caches, deleted my cookies. Tried it on my office PC, laptop, home PC and at the neighbor’s house, and I still have no View Cart button or function in IE. Take a look at these:

I’m really really confused that you were able to see this. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vin

vdm13 Friend

UPDATE – Still Not Working

The cart image and function works in IE7, but not IE6. Any help is appreciated.

Vin

Sherlock Friend

Hi vdm13 !
    I have saw the problem. this is a strange problem, i’m finding solution for it. last tes, t i viewed it in IE7 , sorry.

Sherlock Friend

Hi vdm13 !
    You can fix it following way below :
    Open ja-vm.css file in templates/ja_larix/css folder , find following code section at about line 73:

#ja-vm-cart {
    color:#FFFFFF;
    margin:0px;
    padding-left:20px;
    position:absolute;
    right:0px;
    top:100px;
    width:243px;
    }

change to :

#ja-vm-cart {
    display:block;
    color:#FFFFFF;
    margin:0px;
    padding-left:20px;
    position:absolute;
    right:0px;
    top:100px;
    width:243px;
    }

vdm13 Friend

Thanks again for your efforts, Hainn.

I tried your solution with mixed results. IE6 displayed the “View Cart” button and text in an expanded area below the header and I lost the the cart button and text altogether in Firefox. I’m beginning to wonder if this is just another Larix bug and if I should consider a different template, which at this point will probably be a royal pain in the a**. Looking at the code you referenced, I see no reason why IE6 should struggle with it. I am very perplexed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Vin

UPDATE: I identified one issue. I had set the logo image width to 962px in template_css.css. This is apparently interfering with the display of the cart button and text. When I reduce the logo image width to 600, for example, the cart re-appears. Unfortunately, I am not advanced enough to know why that is and how to fix it, but I am advanced enough to work within those limitations if need be. For anyone experiencing similar problems, the code I am playing with is around line 1015 of template._css.css:

h1.logo a {
    /* width: 962px; */
    width: 600px;
    float: left;
    display: block;
    background: url(../images/logo.gif) no-repeat;
    text-decoration: none;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    text-indent: -4000px;
    height: 100px;
    outline: none;
    }
    }

ANOTHER UPDATE:

It seems like IE doesn’t like when your background image overlays the cart. I ended up making the area where the cart image resides 200 high x 265 wide and fitting the header graphic into the rest. Getting it all to exist in the right places requires some nudging using the size and padding in the cart sections of template_css.css and ja_vm.css. If you want to take a look at the still under construction but somewhat functional sight, check out TikiBarStuff.com.

Thanks to all who helped.

Vin

Sherlock Friend

OK vdm13 !
    I think that this is problem , When logo over to view cart , In IE, cart and text can’t appears. I think this is z-index problem, in IE sometimes has strange problem,

locombianos Friend

This template have problems with ie8 the header looks covered for the shopping cart, can we get a fix to this error?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  locombianos 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum