Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

We are using the Right-main-left layout option. The left menu is dropping below the main content. How do we fix this? Thanks

1. chadwick.k12.mo_.us-2011-9-9-16-6-51
    n6rej Friend

the width might be to large for the modules. Take a glance @ JA T3 Framework 2/FAQs – JoomlArt Wiki for more information. Firebug can also help you here

abrill Friend

I didn’t want to apply a size to it, however the if there wasn’t a size designated, the last item in the top menu would drop down to under home. Any suggestions?

n6rej Friend

yeah, its strictly an issue with “width” of the container. Expand that and your problem will go away.
    everything in a “block” must fit. Anything that doesn’t will wrap. You can put “overflow:scroll” for that div and anything extra wide will scroll but thats probably not what you want to do.

abrill Friend

Thank you n6rej. My question is why does the 3 columns “fit” when using the left-main-right profile, but when the right-main-left profile is set, the 3 columns don’t fit. Is there a way for me to adjust this profile to mimic the template width of left-main-right?

n6rej Friend

I bet because of padding / margins. If I have for example
    leftblock + margin_right + content + margin-left + right block and you reverse the blocks the margins will go with them
    which would translate to
    margin_left+rightblock + center + leftblock + margin_right

Now this is theory.. I’d have to analyze it deeply.
    But I was just thinking there is a method where you only switch the block position not name.
    in other words left block in right position
    why idk.. maybe its an attempt to fix this, but take a look at the vieos and our wiki for a better explanation.

abrill Friend

Ok, I have adjusted the widths to what where they should fit, but the column on the right still is dropping down below. I changed the names of the blocks as you mentioned above and that did not accomplish the goal. It makes the right-main-left profile look like the left-main-right. I have hid all the custom mods to see if that had anything to do with that column dropping down and that changed nothing as well. Please help!

abrill Friend

hello! I figured out what is causing this! It’s a custom module we are using the bubbles typography with.

Fixed!

n6rej Friend

<em>@abrill 267428 wrote:</em><blockquote>hello! I figured out what is causing this! It’s a custom module we are using the bubbles typography with.

Fixed!</blockquote>
    AWESOME.. glad its fixed 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum