Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi to all,
    I tried this fantastic template, but I have some problem to set it.

I want to organize my website (http://www.ingrighetti.joomlafree.it/) with a corporate layout.

I follow the guide to build the 4 parts,to have a “preview” of my services under the slideshow, but…

1) The slideshow doesn’t stay in the center of the page (I put it in slideshow position)

2) I’m not able to set anything else in home page! I would have a simple page with (from top to botton):
    menu (now ok), slideshow (not ok, but present), a static presentation, only text and one image (impossible to show :(( ), the 4 previews of articles, the articles in body part on the left (large 8) and a list of articles (large 4) on the right.

But unfortunely in the home page i’m not able to show anything!

I just created the articles and the corporate menu, how I have to add something in home page?

3) I want have a little border (2-3 px) in all the parts, like a rectangle with smoothed angle, how it’s possible to do this?

Thank you so much!

BlackTopo

TomC Moderator

Question . . . . When you installed the template, did you utilize the quickstart + sample data installation process?

blacktopo Friend

Mmm I don’t know well what do you mean, I installed from extensions manager all the file from website

TomC Moderator
    blacktopo Friend

Ok, thank you, I will try to have a website like demo and after that remove the part that i’m not interested…
    It’s a right procedure?

TomC Moderator

<em>@blacktopo 456967 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok, thank you, I will try to have a website like demo and after that remove the part that i’m not interested…
    It’s a right procedure?</blockquote>

EXACTLY . . . . In my opinion, it’s the best way to start off. You’re not having to try to figure out how to recreate anything you like from what you see in the demo version – and whatever you don’t want/need, you simply unpublish or remove altogether.

blacktopo Friend

Before to start the quickstart installation I have a doubt: I read the guide, and i don’t understand if I have to:
    1) remove the present joomla
    2) remove the present articles
    3) remove the templates and modules

What’s the best choice? I haven’t installed joomla, it’s a service of my provider and it’s native installed… it’s a problem?

Thank you so much

blacktopo Friend

Any idea?

thanks TomC!!

Saguaros Moderator

Installing a Quickstart package will be the same as process of installing a default Joomla package. Hence, you will need to have a folder to put files/folder of quickstart pkg and a new fresh database.

So, if your current site doesn’t have much data / customization, you can BACKUP to a new folder (or remove it, it’s up to you). Then upload quickstart package to that folder and follow above guideline to install.

Also keep in mind that in the database configuration step, you MUST select to Install Sample Data so that you can have site like our demo site.

blacktopo Friend

Thank you, all is ok!
    Problem solved!!

TomC Moderator

<em>@blacktopo 457960 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you, all is ok!
    Problem solved!!</blockquote>

Did you resolve via installing the quickstart + sample data installation? 🙂

blacktopo Friend

Yes exact, because I viewed all the things that I needed.

For the folder where I have to install, I preferred to buy a serious hosting instead of free-hosting.

You can see my work at http://www.studiorighetti.biz 🙂

I have other questions, but I prefer to open other topic to give the possibly to categorize the answer 😉

Thank you so much!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  blacktopo 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum