Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello all,

I’m wondering if it is possible to extend the width of blog posts to utilize the full column when not using an intro image. I’ve attached a screenshot and here is the link. http://wptdeepstacks.com/newsite/index.php/live-reporting/102-live-reporting-2014/chinook-2014/day-1a-chinook-2014

I have a ton of white space to the right of the post since I’m not using an image. Some of the posts will have an image, while others will not. So, for the ones that don’t have an intro image, is there a way to extend the width?

Thanks so much!
    Chris

1. site_screen_wptds
    TomC Moderator

This is just a spitball guess/hypothesis . . . .

Perhaps you could try adding the following CSS rule to your custom.css file . . .

.row-fluid .span8 {
    max-width: 100%;
    }

. . . . and then test it out with and without an image.

(if you don’t yet have a custom.css file set up, simply create it within the following file path —>
    /templates/ja_fixel/css
    )

christobals Friend

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. I gave that a shot, but, it didn’t change anything.

Thanks though!

TomC Moderator

<em>@christobals 435756 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey Tom,

Thanks for the quick response. I gave that a shot, but, it didn’t change anything.

Thanks though!</blockquote>

I created a Help/Support Ticket for you to open this up to other of my Support Team colleagues.

christobals Friend

Thanks man, really appreciate your help!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi guys,

You can add additional condition for this case:
    – Go to file: ja_fixelhtmlcom_contentcategoryblog_item.php
    – At approx line 40:
    [PHP]<div class=”article-content-wrap span8″>[/PHP]

Change it to:
    [PHP]<div class=”article-content-wrap <?php echo (isset($images->image_intro) and !empty($images->image_intro))?’span8′:’span12′;?>”>[/PHP]

Hope this helps.

christobals Friend

Sorry for the delay in responding.

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much, you guys are awesoem!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  christobals 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum