Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hy there,

I just recently installed the JA Lens template and I noticed a problem with the layouting. If I click an image, the article opens. Now, the inner scrollbar should make it possible, to view the full article. But that is not the case. The scrollbar does not bring all of the content into view. So it is necessary, to grab the outer-scrollbar, to adjust for seeing the attachments, in my case.

To get back on the wall, one has again to grab the outer scrollbar. This is bad for two reasons, first it is confusing, as one has to realize the scroll in scroll and that there could still be something left. Second, on tablets I don’t know, if one can get there in general.

How can I make the actual window of the article smaller, to prevent this from happening?

To show exactly what I mean, I linked to a short screencast, showing this problem.

http://www.artonbit.com/lens/

Thank you,
    André

maxx_981 Friend

Btw. I am aware of the following post:
    http://getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/160454-Image-is-stretched#160856

But changing the ‘auto’ to say 15px for testing purpose, does not seem to change anything for me. Do I miss something?

Thank you,
    André

Ninja Lead Moderator

Based on the video you have linked above, try these fixes :

+ Download and extract component.zip content to this path
    <blockquote>templates/ja_lens/component.php</blockquote>

+ Download and extract js.zip (include script.js and wall.js) content to this path

<blockquote>templates/ja_lens/js/</blockquote>

Please take due backup before overwriting the content of these folders.

Let me know if it helps.

1. component.zip
    2. js.zip
    maxx_981 Friend

Hy Ninja Lead,

I replaced all files and unfortunately it didn’t help. I compared the files and I see, that only line 471 of script.js is different (missing “.” right after “$”). Anything else I can try?

As you can see in the video, I started from the quickstart and I didn’t modify anything in the files yet, just some colors.

I tested it now also on different browsers, seems to be the same for IE, Firefox, Safari. Although Safari is very slow with loading of the front-page and also takes way longer to open an article than with Firefox (Btw. I don’t care, those with Safari should get a real browser ;)).

Thank you,
    André

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi André,

If you have this site live, please PM me admin and FTP account, I need the same to check and shall help you out.

Regards

maxx_981 Friend

Ok, thank you for the offer. I will send you the login, once I got it online.

Regards,
    André

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi André,

The problem on your site fixed it. I applied the same my fixes on before post, see screenshot on your site

Please it on you site again.

Regards

1. Lens
    maxx_981 Friend

Hy there,

I does look the same for me? When I scroll down with the scroll popup, I still can’t reach the end of the article. I still need to grab the outer scrollbar, to reach the end.

Btw. the fixes you sent, where already applied. Does it really work on your side? So scrolling down with just the scroll popup, does show the whole article for you, also the last few lines, unlike shown in the video?

I found the place in wall.js, where the sizes are being set for the width and height (I increased it to 4 tiles now on my local installation). But changing the height from “1” to anything else, doesn’t change the outcome. But I guess, the problem is in wall.js.

Thank you,
    André

maxx_981 Friend

Hy again,

I think, this is how it is supposed to be.

I see, that the rule is, just use 6 tiles to span the article over in vertical direction. I thought, that the opening iframe should just reach to the lower end of the “visible” area. But this way, it is always aligned, so I guess that is better (from a design point of view). Although, for screens which do not capture the full 6 tiles, it is a bit cumbersome, cause the outer scroll is needed.

Where is the “use 6 tiles” in the wall.js code? Still looking how I could adapt this, maybe I will play with it and try to dynamically adjust to the amount of fully visible vertical tiles.

Thank you for your effort,
    André

Ninja Lead Moderator

Yep, i have changed on this path: templates/ja_lens/js/wall.js

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum