Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have reduced the width of my left column / menus to where I want, but now there is a big ole’ gap between the left column and the main content section that I cannot figure out how to reduce. In other words, I want the main content section to expand/extend to within 5-10px of the left column.

Does anyone know which CSS rule to tweak for this ??

:confused:

TomC Moderator

Anyone ??

Anyone ??

:((

daylin Friend

See if there is a space in the design in the template that you are unable to see. see below.

Are you using Firefox with the Firebug addon to help solve design problems and source code acquisition? If not, I encourage you to start using Firefox with the firebug addon to minimize the amount of questions you may have. It is free.

JA Developer has provided some great links to assist the Joomlart Forum Coomunity at: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-use-firefug-addon-of-firefox-to-debug-issues/

Please click “Thank You” and “Donate” some credits below if I provided you some valuable help. If your problem has been solved find the best answer and click “Mark Best Answer”

Good luck and Thank you for allowing me to serve you,

Daylin

TomC Moderator

I use Firebug all the time, but it hasn’t helped (me) on this particular issue . . . hence my appeal for assistance here.

:((

TomC Moderator

Figured it out . . .

It’s tweaking the following CSS rules (lines 606 – 612)

#ja-containerwrap-fr #ja-col1 {
    width: 18%;
    }

#ja-containerwrap-fr #ja-contentwrapper {
    width: 81%;
    }

Same can be done for the right side as well.

😀

daylin Friend

Im glad to hear that you figured out a solution.

TomC Moderator

It was more or less a matter of a lot of logical thinking (with the CSS rules) and trial-and-error. Took a while to figure out the CSS relationship, but the end is always worth the journey when you learn something new.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum