Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have been developing a site for a friend and have been struggling getting the changes I have made in development to compile and work in prod mode.

To make the changes, I switched on Development mode and then used Chrome Developer tools to make changes to the LESS files used in the development site

The LESS files I have edited are:

images-in-crystal.com/t3-assets/dev/templates.purity_iii.less.style.less.css
    images-in-crystal.com/t3-assets/dev/templates.purity_iii.less.navbar.less.css
    mages-in-crystal.com/t3-assets/dev/templates.purity_iii.less.bootstrap.less.css
    images-in-crystal.com/t3-assets/dev/templates.purity_iii.less.components.less.css

I have then tried multiple times to switch off Development mode and compile LESS to CSS in the template.

This seems to complete successfully but just does not work for me smf the site simply shows the unedited layout until I switch back to Development mode. I guess I have made some really stupid error but cannot work out what it is.

Cheers
    Mike

TomC Moderator

Is there any reason you are not/can not utilize a custom.css file for your css modifications?

http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#custom-css

mikepaterson Friend

It is far easier to edit the LESS files in the developer tools and save the edited file rather than cutting and pasting etc.

I thought LESS was the recommended method when there were a number of changes to be done.

Any ideas why the compile is not working? Have I done something stupid?

Cheers
    Mike

TomC Moderator

Personally, I never work with the LESS files when making CSS modifications – for the simple reason that there’s no guarantee the modifications can’t/won’t be overwritten should you decide to update your template files one day. The custom.css method protects modifications from being overwritten.

Nevertheless, as this is the way you want to go about it – I will escalate this onto the JA Development Team for further review and comment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum