Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I think this template misses a content-mass-top position and i would like it to have one like other ja templates. So I’ ve started to read this http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-a-new-module-position-4/ and thinking how to duplicate the content-mass-bottom position of ja_lens and place the duplicate above the content. (This is the first time i try to create an extra position)

If anyone has already accomplished something familiar to this or can show the simple way to do it in ja_lens please share. Once I make it I will update the thread.

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi cplanetdoo,

JA Lens is a responsive template.
    It seem easy to add a new position, but It may cause unexpected display on mobile devices.

You can do as below.

1. Open templatesja_lensindex.php and add this block code at line 205, below this markup

<?php if( !$this->countModules('slideshow') ) {?>

<?php if ( $this->countModules('mass-top') ) { ?>
    <!-- CONTENT-MASS-TOP -->
    <div id="content-mass-top">
    <div class="main clearfix">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="mass-top" />
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- //CONTENT-MASS-TOP -->
    <?php } ?>

2. Open templatesja_lenstemplateDetails.xml and add new position at line 77

<position>mass-top</position>

3. Open templatesja_lenscsstemplate.css and add some css rules at the end of file.

#content-mass-top {
    padding: 30px 0 70px 0;
    }

Modify css is the most important. You need to add more css rule based on how you want you module is displayed.
    Hope it help.

Regards

oyvindss Friend

A content-mass-top module position sounds like a good thing.

BUT: I have followed the instructions, but I can’t find the content-mass-top in the “Module position” list in the Module Manager. It doesn’t show when I go to […]/?tp=1 either.

What can possibly be wrong?

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi oyvindss,

It would be terrific if you can provide your site link and ftp via pm for me to take a look.
    Have you clean the system cache?

I am waiting for your information to look in more detail.

Regards

oyvindss Friend

Hi

I got some help from a friend with more tech skills than me. We ended up having to paste this code into the index.php file at line 135, right under <!– // HEADER –> to get it in the right place.

<?php if ( $this->countModules('mass-top') ) { ?>
    <!-- CONTENT-MASS-TOP -->
    <div id="content-mass-top">
    <div class="main clearfix">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="content-mass-bottom" style="xhtml" />
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- //CONTENT-MASS-TOP -->
    <?php } ?>

This put it in the right place, but since we had trouble making the background color look right, we had to basicly “move” the mass-content-bottom here and remove it/comment it out further down in the file. Hence the <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”content-mass-bottom” style=”xhtml” /> part of the code is different from what Wall Crasher suggested.

Practically, it works for me. This became the banner at the top that the template needed in my case.

(Wall Crasher: I run my server on a local NAS at this point, and I’m not sure how I can give you access… )

Wall Crasher Developer

Hi oyvindss,

Yes, choosing a right position is based on your need. It is good that you have find one.
    ‘content-mass-bottom’ or ‘mass-top’ is the same. It is just a name. You just have to set the position field of module having the same value and it will be displayed.

It is good that it work for you. Go ahead.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wall Crasher 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum