Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Hi, By License I can customize the template for my client but I can not sell the template?

“2.3 Unauthorized use:

You may not place any of our products, modified or unmodified, on a diskette, CD, website or any other medium and offer them for redistribution or resale of any kind without prior written consent from our company.”

I understand that the point is that I can not sell the template itself. If I customize the template for my client needs, I can sell this template?

I want to start a company that creates websites using JoomlArt templates. To present the templates to my clients I want to put them on my server and when a client choose a template I will customize it to their needs (He will pay me for it), then I register his domain in joomlart and will send files to the client.
    Is this is legal?

What is customize? When I change a logo on the client logo if it is to adjust?

TomC Moderator

What you need to purchase is the “Developer” License/Membership . . .

See this page (at the bottom) for FAQ regarding Developer Membership –> http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates-club

jac0 Friend

Thanks for your reply. Ok so I buy developer license and then I can download templates and install them on my server to show them to my clients.
    Customer selects a template to suit his needs and after the adjustment I send him the files.

If I offer the client to change the logo, positioning of the modules and the configuration of components and is treated as an “adaptation or customization”?
    Jack.

TomC Moderator

With a Developer Membership/License, you can utilize as many templates as you want (within your membership/license period) and customize them to your clients’ needs – including modifying the copyright information. That is all part of the Developer Membership premium.

It really is the best and most versatile membership option.

jac0 Friend

Hi, I have another question. If my clients wants me to change the template every year to another because he liked it that this is consistent with the license?
    If I am buying a developer license every year can I offer to my clients change the template, for example, every year or more frequently?

Sorry for my English.

Phill Moderator

As long as you have an active membership you can continue to download the latest templates and use then on your customers sites.

jac0 Friend

Even when the client wants me to change the template every month?

Phill Moderator

I do hope the client is paying you well. Every month is a little extreme IMHO. Hey ho, if that is what they want then why not?

TomC Moderator

<em>@phill luckhurst 250230 wrote:</em><blockquote>I do hope the client is paying you well. Every month is a little extreme IMHO. Hey ho, if that is what they want then why not?</blockquote>
    I agree ….

@ jac0 … You might want to try to explain to your client that once a year might be okay … but people/customers like to see some consistency and familiarity with their favorite stores (online or otherwise). If y our client changes their website to a completely different layout every month, some people might think their not on the right site and/or something has drastically changed and move on.

jac0 Friend

It’s about something else. I believe that many customers like to be able to for example change the template every month. Even if my client do not use this possibility is more probably that it will buy my offer.

If I write in the offer to change the template once in months I think I’ll have more customers.

TomC Moderator

Are you sure you’re not talking about changing the THEME of the same template/layout as opposed to an entirely different template/layout?

Changing various elements (colors, fonts, banners, logo) for seasons, special events or even by month is perfectly fine …. but changing the entire layout of a site every month is simply overkill. Personally, I would be annoyed by an organization who did something like that, and likely not want to visit that site much (if at all).

Just my opinion, mind you . . . but I don’t think I’m alone.

jac0 Friend

I totally agree with you.
    It’s just about writing in my offer. I asked this question on the forum because I wanted to know whether it is consistent with the developer license or not.

Phill Moderator

I personally think you would be better off writing that you would change the template upon request to a maximum of once a month. Otherwise you could end up with a huge amount of work on your hands. There really is enough to do looking after customers day to day needs.

TomC Moderator

<em>@jac0 250250 wrote:</em><blockquote>I totally agree with you.
    It’s just about writing in my offer. I asked this question on the forum because I wanted to know whether it is consistent with the developer license or not.</blockquote>
    With the Developer License, you can pretty much do whatever you want with the templates – outside of trying to sell the base themes/templates as YOUR original design/work.

Most of the information you need can be found here –> http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates-club

johngorden Friend

I have one of my friends who has also bought the licence. With a little kno how of scripting I have tweaked an existing extension, I was just curious to know, can I share that with my friend?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum