Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Is the limit 50 or can we add many more after passing 50?

Menalto Friend

You can hack the joomla core to add more than 50 positions, do a search here and you will find the answer to it

instantinlaw Friend

sonsuz;22922Is the limit 50 or can we add many more after passing 50?

Although, someone may be able to answer that question, Joomlart does not support questions that do not relate directly to the templates or extensions it sells. You may get more results by posting in the Joomla.org forums.
    Good luck. 🙂

ErikThorsen Friend

This has already been anwered. Search this forum and you will find the answer.. :
    A little hint: Yes, you can have as many positions as you like… ( more or less )

TomC Moderator

The following is how you can create more module position fields within your Joomla Administration
    (and thus, create more module positions).

Within your Joomla files (on your server), open –> administratorcomponentscom_templates and open admin.templates.html.php

In line 357 you have this code:

function editPositions( &$positions, $option ) {
    global $adminLanguage;
    $rows = 25;
    $cols = 2;
    $n = $rows * $cols;
    ?>

If you modify the rows value you can have more module fields. You just have to increment this value and then fill the forms,
    save it and it will add more records into the table.

I experimented with this and the fields you can create are virtually endless, depending on the parameters you set.
    For example, I set the rows to “50” and the cols to 3 – and I had 150 available module positions. And yes, it works.

😎

TOM

TomC Moderator

whoops . . . was I not supposed to do that ??

:((

Menalto Friend

No problems,this is a question many ask and here is the answer to it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum