Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have on my site: http://www.vivacomputers.nl a livechat button. Now I would like to have it in the same place as the Live Consultation position as in the JA Business demo. I only cannot find were exactly to put it because it is allready in header position but it is to crowded there.

Thank you!

we2solutions Friend

Hi vivacomputers,

At the moment i didn’t install this ja business template to my local server.but you can follow this links and get an idea

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-business-module-position-guide/
    http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_business/index.php?tp=1

check it with header position.or else please PM the admin log in.

Thanks

vivacomputers Friend

Hi,

Thank you for the answer but I will have to ask you to take a look inside. If I put it in header everything is coming to 1 place and I want to have the postion like in the demo. I will send you a PM.

Thanks for the help!

vivacomputers Friend

Well so far nobody logged in. For the time being I solved it with copying the code from the demo template. The problem is only that this is a very static button and I want to have my LiveZilla button in that position only I don’t know how.

tfosnom Friend

Hi vivacomputers,
    I’m hoping I’m understanding your current need as: you wish to replace the current button with your own button for livezilla
    There are several ways we may approach this, the easiest would be to replace the current button and text in the module position with your livezilla image. Without access I can only steer you in the right direction.

Look in your custom module for the position that the live/chat button lives in. go to code view and take note of the correct code for the actual live chat button, if livezilla has a preferred icon, download and insert the image for the icon into the area the live/chat button is, maintaining the url and onclick codebase to get it to load etc.

Hope this is what you wish to achieve.
    Shane

vivacomputers Friend

Thanks for the answer but it is not completely what I had in mind. The thing is that the LiveZilla button has functions and now it is static. If I put the LiveZilla button in the header it is compact with the others.

My wish is to put the icon of LiveZilla in the same position as were now is showing Live Help/Chat.

tfosnom Friend

<em>@vivacomputers 282617 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for the answer but it is not completely what I had in mind. The thing is that the LiveZilla button has functions and now it is static. If I put the LiveZilla button in the header it is compact with the others.

My wish is to put the icon of LiveZilla in the same position as were now is showing Live Help/Chat.</blockquote>
    I see, can you show me a live working example of the livezilla button and it’s function?
    I’m unfamiliar with the service, perhaps seeing it live will give me some ideas
    Shane

vivacomputers Friend

Hi, I turned it on. So you can see both ;). Hope you know a way.

Update: Actually I changed my mind. The way it looks now is far better. I only would like to see if I can get the code that LiveZilla uses into the Live Help/Chat the it is perfect also in colours.

tfosnom Friend

Hi Vivacomputers
    Looking at the livezilla FAQ I see you can attach the code livezilla creates to a html button such as you are now using. I still cannot see anything on what extra the actual button does that is extraordinary, all the demo sites just connect to the livezilla server nothing else

Here’s the FAQ answer re: button functions, maybe you can understand it better than I do, having used the service.

You are probably using a HTML Chat Button / Visitor Monitoring code in a XHTML website. Please recreate the Chat Button / Visitor Monitoring Code using the LiveZilla Server Admin (-> Link Generator) and select XHTML instead of HTML. Once you did that, copy the new code and integrate it into your website. Furthermore, please make sure that your tracking code is placed inside of the BODY element of your website. Do not place it into the HEAD element.

Hope this is of use
    Shane

vivacomputers Friend

It is indeed what I mean only my knowledge with html code and etc. isn’t that good. I have tried to implement but so far no luck.

tfosnom Friend

We’d love to help however due to a lot of problems livezilla does with dns registrations etc I’m not prepared to install it on a live site just to test and fault find, and I don’t think it will function on a local hosted (WAMP) site.

Looking at the instructions it shouldn’t be that hard a task. If you’ve completed this part

Please recreate the Chat Button / Visitor Monitoring Code using the LiveZilla Server Admin (-> Link Generator) and select XHTML instead of HTML”

http://www.livezilla.net/installation/en/video and text based tutorial for doing this if you haven’t already viewed them

Then I guess you attach the chat button code to the chat button and the monitoring code just goes to the body section. if all else fails send me the old code for the original Livezilla button and the new code generated via PM and I’ll try to see what goes where
    Cheers Shane

vivacomputers Friend

Thank you for the tips. Only 1 stupid question; were in JA Business can I find the BODY? I have been looking in the template folder but I can’t find. Another thing is were do I put the code? This is what I use at the moment behind that button:

[PHP]<div class=”button clearfix”>
    <h3></h3>
    <a target=”_blank” class=”button” href=”livesupport/chat.php”>Live Help/Chat</a></div>[/PHP]

tfosnom Friend

Your button code goes into the source code for the button image in the chat module ( this displays the current button in your module)edit the existing code to suit the new button code.

I don’t have ja business installed so I can’t search for where the block for body is atm. Besides its nearly 1 am here and I need to sleep. If no one else responds further I’ll install ja business tomorrow and seek those answer to help you
    Good Night
    Shane

vivacomputers Friend

Good Night and thanks for the help and thinking! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  vivacomputers 12 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum