Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I want replace mod_login for JA Jobboard Menu in JA University templete mobile iphone version in login position

How can I do this?

1. sc
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

What is your Joomla version please? I assume since you are running our “Job Board” extension, it must be either J! 1.5 or J! 2.5?

Ta

conforturis Friend

My Joomla version is “Joomla! 2.5.19”

alexsmirnov Friend

Sorry, I am a bit struggling with your question.

I understand so far that you are not happy with how something of your JA University/Ja JobBoard web site looks on IPhone. Am I right?

If yes, is your goal to replace the mod_login module to another module or to change it’s position?

Could you please provide us a URL to your site?

Regards,

Alex

conforturis Friend

My question is: how can I get to run the login module in template JA University IPhone version?
    Position loading module login in IPhone is here:
    I do not see way to publish the module in that position.
    You can create a Demo Builder for look this in Iphone here: http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_university

1. sc
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Actually, your login module is already published and ready. Those visiting your JA University based web-site on their iPhones and wishing to login, will have to click on the icon you pointed on your screenshot.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

conforturis Friend

No!
    Users click in this icon and nothing appears just a black page.
    And this also happens in the demo site JoomlArt here: http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_university

alexsmirnov Friend

I’ve just opened up JA University login module browsing the very Demo site you referred to as a smartphone user. Please have a look at my screenshot:

Regards,

Alex

1. ja_university_iphone_login
    conforturis Friend

You are not watching this version of the template for Iphone.
    If you are seen desktop version in a smartphone you can see this mobile version in destop going in Administrator – Extensions – Template Manager – JA University – PROFILES – Desktop Layout – choose Iphone, and look in frontend that login button. You will not see login module there.

1. sc2
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Could you please describe how you’ve built up your current Joomla 2.5/JA University/JobBoard system?

Was it

1) by installing our “JA University for Joomla 2.5 (quickstart)” Quick Start pack and then installing via J! 2.5 extension manager our “JA Job Board Package For J25 (component)” component?

or

2) by installing first our “JA Job Board for Joomla 2.5.x (quickstart)” Quick Start pack and then installing via J! 2.5 extension manager our “JA University Template for J25 & J32 (template)” template?

Regards,

Alex

conforturis Friend

Option number 2 is right.
    We installed first some Quick Start pack of Joomlart (I don’t remember what) than we installed your JA Job Board component 1.0.5 version via Joomla Extension Manager. Then we desided to use JA University and we installed it and uninstalled other template.

But that is not the cause of this problem. If you try to see your demo JA University Iphone version you will discover the same problem:
    acess here: http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_university
    – create a demo builder account
    – go to administrator
    – go to administrator – Extensions – Template Manager – JA University – PROFILES – Desktop Layout – choose Iphone and save
    – go to frontend and clicking login button you will not see login module there.

alexsmirnov Friend

I am not sure if assigning JA University’s template “Desktop” layout to iPhone devices (or any other mobile device for that matter) is a good idea.

I hope you will agree that by common sense “Desktop” layout should be viewed by desktop users. JA University’s mobile layouts should be viewed by mobile devices.

Could you please create a backup for your site, set for me a temporary Super User account with strong password and PM me its credentials?

Regards,

Alex

conforturis Friend

Please look at your Private Message

alexsmirnov Friend

I’ve sent you an important reply by PM. Could you please confirm your received it OK?

Regards,

Alex

conforturis Friend

You do not said anything about solution yet!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  conforturis 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum