Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have a question here is my site I am working on http://www.internationalwebsitedesign.com/ at the top left is the small logo above the slideshow module. I want to resize the image to fill up the total blank space above the slideshow module which is the logo position. I need to know how to resize the logo position to accommodate the larger size logo

thanks in advance

Phill Moderator

Please enable your site as we cannot see it at the moment to advise you. Also, please go into the template manager and set css optimization to “No” so we can see the correct css.

djmarkus Friend

ok online now

Phill Moderator

The dimensions of that are set in templates>ja_methys>css>template.css around line 817. Adjust the bits in red below as required.

h1.logo a {
    background:url("../images/logo.gif") no-repeat scroll left center transparent;
    display:block;
    height:70px;
    width:190px;

}

Another alternative option would be to do as I have suggested here – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/more-space-for-megamenu-elements/

That will move the menu to just below the logo giving you more room for menu items and more room for a bigger logo. It all depends on how you want your design to look.

djmarkus Friend

Ok thanks, where is the file for the 2nd method please,

Phill Moderator

Change template.css line 854

#ja-mainnav {
    border-bottom:5px solid #111111;
    border-top:1px solid #E5E5E5;
    position:absolute;
    right:0;
    top:40px;
    z-index:999;

}

to

#ja-mainnav {
    border-bottom:5px solid #111111;
    border-top:1px solid #E5E5E5;
    left:0;
    position:absolute;
    top:100px;
    z-index:999;

}

then change template.css line 665

#ja-header {
    position:relative;
    z-index:10;

}

to

#ja-header {
    height:140px;
    position:relative;
    z-index:10;

}

djmarkus Friend

I did the first method, can you look please i think it would look better and the logo go all the way across thoughts please

Phill Moderator

I can do the technical stuff but best leave the asthetics to someone who is not as completely inept as myself. There are some users on here who really have an eye for this sort of stuff so hopefully one of them can pipe in.

djmarkus Friend

I I did the second method would it bring down the menu so i can display the logo the whole width of the template I think 960 pix. What I need basically is the menu to drop below the existing logo in order to stretch the logo to the right then hopefully it looks good

djmarkus Friend

I thank you so much, I did the 2nd method little trial and error and I have it, I remembered to back the css file tho it case i did something wrong

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  djmarkus 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum