Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Pretty simple cause to this problem – I have uploaded a logo image that appears to be too large for the space allocated to it. As a result, the menu cannot be clicked on to move through the site.

The obvious solution is “use a smaller logo, dummy” but is there any way to adjust the code to make the menu appear on a new row or allocate less space to it? Float them together, rather than put arbitrary content into a grid that is too small for it?

Playing with Firebug I resolved the issue by increasing the columns for logo to 7. But the columns don’t add up after that, and I’m not sure where I go to hard-code this override. I did not find anywhere in the template config settings to fix it either.

TomC Moderator

Here’s something you could try . . . .

If you haven’t yet done so, create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_charity/css/

Within that custom.css file, paste the following CSS rule:

.t3-mainnav {
    top: 125px;
    }

SAVE CHANGES – CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

Better ??

TomC Moderator

If you haven’t yet done so, create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_charity/css/

.t3-mainnav {
    }

Better ??

TomC Moderator

.t3-mainnav {
    }

Better ??

jdockum Friend

<em>@TomC 484447 wrote:</em><blockquote>Here’s something you could try . . . .

.t3-mainnav {
    }

Better ??</blockquote>

It kind of works. Part of the menu (the top of the text) is still covered by the logo link. You can read the text fine but part of it is not clickable. Which for me is fine, but unacceptable to put out as work for this client.

I feel like the proper approach would be changing the image div to have more columns and put the menu in a new row. But I am unfamiliar with how to do this in JA templates, as an override or another method.

jdockum Friend

.t3-mainnav {
    }

Better ??</blockquote>

It kind of works. Part of the menu (the top of the text) is still covered by the logo link. You can read the text fine but part of it is not clickable. Which for me is fine, but unacceptable to put out as work for this client.

I feel like the proper approach would be changing the image div to have more columns and put the menu in a new row. But I am unfamiliar with how to do this in JA templates, as an override or another method.

jdockum Friend

.t3-mainnav {
    }

Better ??</blockquote>

TomC Moderator

You could increase the height of the header section and use a greater pixel value for the “top” property in the above CSS suggestion.

TomC Moderator

You could increase the height of the header section and use a greater pixel value for the “top” property in the above CSS suggestion.

TomC Moderator

jdockum Friend

<em>@TomC 484450 wrote:</em><blockquote>You could increase the height of the header section and use a greater pixel value for the “top” property in the above CSS suggestion.</blockquote>

Thanks for the suggestion, Tom. Yeah, I could but then aren’t there issues with smaller resolutions? It pushes the menu block below the logo automatically on smaller sizes, and then 125px down over the next section?

There has to be a better way. Has no one ever used a logo that filled more than 2 columns worth of the grid? If my menu only has 4 items, why does it need to take up 9 columns? Etc..

jdockum Friend

<em>@TomC 484450 wrote:</em><blockquote>You could increase the height of the header section and use a greater pixel value for the “top” property in the above CSS suggestion.</blockquote>

Thanks for the suggestion, Tom. Yeah, I could but then aren’t there issues with smaller resolutions? It pushes the menu block below the logo automatically on smaller sizes, and then 125px down over the next section?

There has to be a better way. Has no one ever used a logo that filled more than 2 columns worth of the grid? If my menu only has 4 items, why does it need to take up 9 columns? Etc..

jdockum Friend

Saguaros Moderator

Hi jdockum,

This template is based on T3 framework which implement Bootstrap grid system. By default, the logo takes 2 grids and 9 grids for the menu.

In your case specific, you will need to change the Grid class to suit your need.

Just go to file: root/templates/ja_charity/tpls/blocks/header.php and change in 2 places like below:
    – At approx line 41:

<!-- LOGO -->
    <div class="col-xs-6 col-lg-2 logo">

change to:

<!-- LOGO -->
    <div class="col-xs-6 col-lg-6 logo">

– At line 95:

<div class="col-sm-12 col-lg-9">
    <nav id="t3-mainnav" class="wrap navbar navbar-default t3-mainnav">

replace it with:

<div class="col-sm-12 col-lg-5">

And pls remove css suggested by TomC as above

In case that you want to style for the menu and don’t want it affect view in smaller screen size, you can use media queries, for example:

@media (min-width: 992px) {
    .t3-mainnav {
    top: 5px;
    }
    }

this will apply into screen larger than 992px (desktop view) only.

jdockum Friend

<em>@Saguaros 484476 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi jdockum,

This template is based on T3 framework which implement Bootstrap grid system. By default, the logo takes 2 grids and 9 grids for the menu.

In your case specific, you will need to change the Grid class to suit your need.

Just go to file: root/templates/ja_charity/tpls/blocks/header.php and change in 2 places like below:
    – At approx line 41:

<!-- LOGO -->
    <div class="col-xs-6 col-lg-2 logo">

change to:

<!-- LOGO -->
    <div class="col-xs-6 col-lg-6 logo">

– At line 95:

<div class="col-sm-12 col-lg-9">

replace it with:

<div class="col-sm-12 col-lg-5">

And pls remove css suggested by TomC as above

In case that you want to style for the menu and don’t want it affect view in smaller screen size, you can use media queries, for example:

@media (min-width: 992px) {
    .t3-mainnav {
    top: 5px;
    }
    }

this will apply into screen larger than 992px (desktop view) only.</blockquote>

Thank you! Will this change be overwritten by template updates? I may actually adjust the rows/columns even more but knowing where to find the code and override it is helpful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jdockum 9 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum