Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

How can I make an external link from the “ja mageia” logo (top left position). I already changed the logo, but the link is to my own site.

I think the problem lies here:

<h1 class=”logo”><a href=”index.php”><?php echo $mosConfig_sitename?></a></h1>

Thank you

Peter

bigrk Friend

Just curious…Why would you want to link your logo to another website? I have never heard of anyone who would want to do this on purpose.

herion Friend

the logo is from our home company and the link goes there

mj1256 Friend

this will work but it will be global throughout your website
    instead of
    <h1 class=”logo”><a href=”index.php”><?php echo $mosConfig_sitename?></a></h1>
    try
    <h1 class=”logo”><a href=”www.thesiteyouwanttolinkto.com”>thenameofthesiteyouwantotlinkto</a></h1>

let us know if that works

but..one thing to consider.
    I’ve been a SEO professional for 14 years, long before their was a google
    One of the things google looks for is the logo link to your own site, that was one reason this was originally started,,, are you sure you want to defeat this?

Internet users also have figured this out and typically use the logo link to get back to your home page. Are you sure you want to confuse them when they end up at a different website?

just food for thought 🙂

bigrk Friend

Thanks for answering this question mj1256. Herion I think that by doing this that your site could be perceived as a phishing site also.

herion Friend

Thanks, this works perfect for my purposes.
    We are a department of a hospital an the links goes to our main page.

Great community

Greetings from switzerland

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  herion 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum