Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’m facing the following problem related to facebook and the logo href to /index.php

The homepage includes a module with ‘facebook’s recommend button’. It is working fine as long as the page URL is / and not /index.php. In case of the latter, the number of recommendations is incorrect.

I would like to change the logo reference to / instead of /index.php – could you please help me locate the file where I should be looking for it?

I’m aware of the fact I could use mod_rewrite to achieve it, but I would rather avoid it as it is not recommended due to its affecting SEO.

Thanks. 🙂

EDIT: I accidentally posted the message on a wrong forum. I hope someone will remove it it to unsolved. :-[
    Sorry for that.

gray Friend

Usually it goes in layoutsblocksheader.php
    The code with renders the logo could look like:

<h1 class="logo">
    <a href="index.php" title="<?php echo $siteName; ?>"><span><?php echo $siteName; ?></span></a>
    </h1>

The most easiest way out would be to hardcode site’s url instead of “index.php”
    Another option could be to use JURI/base

xemex Friend

Thanks a lot. It’s fixed (just changed to ‘/’ as I said). I did not realize how simple this could be… :laugh: (perhaps because of my previous experience with modifying joomla source files due to which I rather expected some variable to be mysteriously hidden ;)).

Again, thank you for the quick response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  xemex 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum