Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Ok, I am close to giving up and delete my joomla site for good. You see I downloaded this template to make my site into a wedding site. Everything seems to be working good except, I cannot change the logo. I downloaded the source files, opened them in photoshop and edited all the text and then realized they are sliced. So, I was thinking I just had to save the one slice with the logo. Well, It doesn’t work for me. Either the logo gets too big or warped etc. Can someone help… :(( I am not a designer. Maybe that’s the reason??

ShannonN Friend

mallujigga;18909Ok, I am close to giving up and delete my joomla site for good. You see I downloaded this template to make my site into a wedding site. Everything seems to be working good except, I cannot change the logo. I downloaded the source files, opened them in photoshop and edited all the text and then realized they are sliced. So, I was thinking I just had to save the one slice with the logo. Well, It doesn’t work for me. Either the logo gets too big or warped etc. Can someone help… :(( I am not a designer. Maybe that’s the reason??

Many ppl have problems with layers, slicing and Photoshop, I can’t recommend any tutorials off the top of my head but a search on google will point you towards some I’m sure.

Maybe it’s time for the devs to remember not all here are familiar with PS and all it’s features etc and need to start providing ps guides as relates to the artwork of each template

However the logo background.psd isn’t really sliced (as in traditional jigsaw) its merely 6 or 7 images on top of each other and should present no real problem to remove, add or replace elements?

ShannonN

mallujigga Friend

Ok, so how do I change the logo? I searched google and ask.com. Couldn’t come up with anything. I remember some of the old templates had the ability to change the logo on photoshop. :confused:

Menalto Friend

If you email me the psd ill take a look at it.
    joomlasupport@gmail.com

—————————————————————————————————————————————-
    NOTE FROM MODERATOR: The email address mentioned above is NOT an official support method.

ShannonN Friend

mallujigga;18942Ok, so how do I change the logo? I searched google and ask.com. Couldn’t come up with anything. I remember some of the old templates had the ability to change the logo on photoshop. :confused:

I see nothing hard about changing the logo all you need to do is open the file in photoshop and change what you want changed save the complete file to the same name and the changes are saved and ready to use, why does everyone get so hung up on graphics its the easiest part of web design?

mallujigga Friend

Well, it is not easy for me. Maybe it is easy for the design people, but I tried and tried. I even tried to crop the image but it doesn’t work out either since the image size gets resized when it gets uploaded.

Menalto, I have sent you the psd file. Can you help me?

Thanks,
    Tobin

ncrc Friend

mallujigga:

I have this template for my wedding site here: Russell’s
    I have the source files ready for editing, what do you want the logo to say or look like? I will do this for you.

pala999 Friend

Hello,

I am not especially happy with the psd either.
    It is narrow, therefore 750px, the optimization on wide screen is not simple (for beginners).
    Therefore there are shifts.
    One sees it even clearer in the template-demo and near the page of Russel (Sorry):
    The adornment does not agree to the right with the position under that.

I hopes the translation is understandable

Nevertheless once again a super template, wider so!

Greetings from Germany
    Marc

ncrc Friend

Crap. I didn’t catch that. Now you got me redoing my header image! I’ll figure this out.

mallujigga Friend

Hmmm weird. Menalto is trying to edit the template for me… Russell, congratulations on your wedding. It seems that this template is indeed good for a wedding site if I can learn how to edit the header.psd. 😀

Michael Casha Friend

Send in a request in the appropriate forums.

nathanbohn Friend

it is a bit tricky, here is what i did.

In photoshop cs3, I opened the psd that displayed the entire background including the header.

There is a guide line at the bottom of the header, but where to cut it at the top is a little ambiguous.

So after some trial and error I noticed that the header starts under the image of the black bar, called up-bg.gif.

So i copied and pasted up-bg.gif into my psd and lined it up. I created a horizontal guide to appear at the bottom of up-bg.gif (check google on how to do this) and then created a new slice between all the guides.

Perfecto! Then selected the slice, pressed Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S (Save for Web…) and selected my slice, saved as a high quality jpeg, saved images only, selected slices and called it header-bg.jpg .

Now you may have to look for your file, so look where you saved it and there should be a new image folder.

You will need to rename your jpg because it will add the slice number to the end of the filename ex.. header_bg_3.jpg. Just hit F2 to rename it and call it header_bg.jpg.

Next upload it via ftp or joomlaXplorer to your site/templates/ja_pariiti/images/ this is assuming you are replacing the beige background logo with green letters.

If you are replacing the white background logo with red letters, do all the same steps but upload it to templates/ja_pariiti/images/red/

there ya go, hopefully this all makes sense. if in photoshop the guides are not showing up, (they are usually a blue-ish colored line that goes across the whole canvas) check your View>>>Guidelines and Slices option i think….

zoom4267 Friend

this one is a bit tricky beacuase they did the whole logo and the background together, but what i do is upload the template , then download the images back to my computer, there you will have the sliced images. then i go to photoshop, you dont have the layers but what i do is use my marquee tool, make a rectagle marquee before the text. resize it over the text, then type in my new text , then reupload it

ShannonN Friend

zoom4267;19609this one is a bit tricky beacuase they did the whole logo and the background together, but what i do is upload the template , then download the images back to my computer, there you will have the sliced images. then i go to photoshop, you dont have the layers but what i do is use my marquee tool, make a rectagle marquee before the text. resize it over the text, then type in my new text , then reupload it

Separated the graphic items to single components
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/proble-with-ja-news/
    ShannonN

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum