Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I ve installed the latest xenia-shopping template and i want to change completely the (blue) background which is a the top of the page, behind the logo and module positions 3,4.
    (sorry, dont know how to describe it better in english.

I tried removing the inage urls in css that point to that and modificate it so as it has plain color. But it had no effect.

How can i change this?

Also, see http://www.multihosting.gr
    in IE6 behind the logo (Which is supposed to be transperant) there is a light blue color.
    In Firefox, there isnt.
    How can i fix this browser issue?

Thank you in advance for any help.

TomC Moderator

For the background image issue, you can simply delete the corresponding files from the images/blue folder and there will be nothing to place there – it will be blank. (That’s exactly what I did with mine HERE.

As for the problem with the transparent issue in IE, as you will notice with my template (in IE), I am having the same issue. The only thing I can think of is create the image with a white (solid) background – as opposed to transparent. (assuming that it is a white background you want).

instantinlaw Friend

tcraw1010;18023For the background image issue, you can simply delete the corresponding files from the images/blue folder and there will be nothing to place there – it will be blank. (That’s exactly what I did with mine HERE.

As for the problem with the transparent issue in IE, as you will notice with my template (in IE), I am having the same issue. The only thing I can think of is create the image with a white (solid) background – as opposed to transparent. (assuming that it is a white background you want).

If you do what tcraw1010 says to do, you may end up with little red x marks everywhere.
    Do this instead.

In blue.css

Change:

#ja-vm-cart {
    background: url(../../images/blue/vm-cart-bg.gif) top right no-repeat;
    }

To:

#ja-vm-cart {
    background-image: none;
    }

Then in the same file change:

#ja-headerwrap {
    background: url(../../images/blue/header-bg.gif) repeat-x top #0264B0;
    }
    #ja-header {
    background-image: url(../../images/blue/headerright-bg.gif);
    }
    #ja-topnavwrap {
    background-image: url(../../images/blue/topnav-left-bg.gif);
    }
    #ja-topnavwrap ul {
    background-image: url(../../images/blue/topnav-right-bg.gif);
    }
    #ja-sh {
    border-bottom-color: #0264B0;
    }

To:

#ja-headerwrap {
    background-color: #0264B0;
    }
    #ja-header {
    }
    #ja-topnavwrap {
    }
    #ja-topnavwrap ul {
    }

Do the same in green.css, but make sure you don’t change the hex value for those files or you will have the wrong color. the green hex color is #4CA55E

To change the header for the default color do the same in template_scc.css and make sure the hex color is #F85703

You will also need to give your logo image a clear background, or make it the same color as the background.

Hope this helps.

dodoni Friend

Thank you both for your help/.

Instantinlaw, I ll apply the changes as soon as possible and report the results here.

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 18047 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you do what tcraw1010 says to do, you may end up with little red x marks everywhere.
    </blockquote>

The only reason I suggested the “delete the images” method is because, sometimes, the code fix does not work as it should or is supposed to … as I have experienced first hand. I didin’t want to use the blue backgrounds … deleted the images … replaced it with the logo image I created …. changed the code accordingly … no red “x” anywhere.

As with many issues in web design, there are multiple ways to get from a to b.

🙂

instantinlaw Friend

tcraw1010;18102The only reason I suggested the “delete the images” method is because, sometimes, the code fix does not work as it should or is supposed to … as I have experienced first hand. I didin’t want to use the blue backgrounds … deleted the images … replaced it with the logo image I created …. changed the code accordingly … no red “x” anywhere.

As with many issues in web design, there are multiple ways to get from a to b.

🙂

Hi Tom,
    I wasn’t attacking you although it may have looked that way. I apologize.
    It would be better to replace the image in question with a 1 pixel x 1 pixel transparent gif if you are going to do something with the graphic. If you just delete the image, the css is still pointing to it and it could cause problems including having the page not validate, etc. I guess I am just a stickler for trying to be as proper as possible. 🙂

dodoni Friend

everything works fine now.
    Thank you for your help.

instantinlaw Friend

You’re welcome.
    Good luck with your site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum