Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I’ve found how to change the header slogan via a module. But I don’t see a module for the site logos that appears in the header and footer. I’d like to use text there instead of an image.

Do I need to manually edit header and footer files? Or can that be done through the template manager (profile section)?

Thanks. — Rik

TomC Moderator

You can designate whether the logo is an image or text.

Go into your Template Manager –> JA_Travel –> click the PROFILES tab . .

Under “Global Settings” – change the “Logo Type” field to “Text”

You will then be given two additional fields for “Logo Text” and “Slogan” where you can customize as you wish.

Hope that helps !!!

😎

rik brown Friend

I’ve tried what you said but I get an error message when I try to save changes:

An error has occured when saving Global Settings..
    An error has occured when saving the default profile..

I assume that is permissions related but the messages don’t give any clue as to what flles or directories may be the problem.

Any Ideas?

Thanks. — Rik

TomC Moderator

Hmmm … I’m not sure why you would be getting error messages like that.
    I’ve submitted a support ticket for you for additional assistance with this issue.

pritam Friend

Hello rik brown ,

I have created a bug report at http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JATCTRAVELJ15-66. Someone will contact you soon.

Hayden A Friend

Hi rik brown,
    you open file templatesja_travelcsstemplate.css and finde line code

div.logo-text h1 a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) 0 50% no-repeat;
    display: block;
    height: 70px;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-decoration: none;
    width: 135px;
    }

div.logo-text h1 a span { display:none }

and change it

div.logo-text h1 a {
    display: block;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-decoration: none;
    }

div.logo-text h1 a span { display:block }

rik brown Friend
    rik brown Friend

Not only did I find a fix for my template settings issues, the fix also solved intermittent problems I was have with Joomla component installations in general (I often had to manually install components).

The permission errors I was getting had nothing at all with setting file permissions to 644 and directories to 755 (although those permissions are set accordingly). But it had everything to do about “group” ownership of files/directories. Once I recursively changed group ownership of files/directories to “apache”, all of my problems disappeared.

Now, everything is working when I want to save changes to the templates. No permission error messages. I was even able to upgrade to Joomla 1.6.4 via the online updater. Everything appears to be working smoothly.

Thanks for your help. — Rik

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rik brown 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum