Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

i read the customizing template guide on your site and do all creations (local folder) and settings, so that my customizing are not lost after an upgrade. But now I do the upgrade to uber 2.0.2 and all customizing is lost (less files, etc). What is wrong?

TomC Moderator

How did you customize your CSS previously?

Did you create a custom.css file?

artondo Friend

Hi Tom,

I send you a private message with a FTP account. Can you please check the folder? I cant see a mistake.

THX

TomC Moderator

naboI think that I need only a custom.css when I want to work with CSS and not compile LESS to CSS?!

This is correct . . . So as to protect your CSS customizations from being overwritten at time of update/upgrade, what you need to do is create a new file called “custom.css” within file path –> /templates/ja_uber/css/ <– and insert your customized/modified CSS rules there.

For more information, see —> CUSTOM.CSS.

artondo Friend

Hi Tom,

I do it now that way and I have the same problems.
    I look at the folders after the upgrade and I see, that all less files in /uber/local/less are lost. I donĀ“t unterstand that. Why the less files and in following my customizations are lost.

koldhands Friend

“Some characteristics of the custom.css file
    The file is not included by default, you need to create new one.
    The file is the last file to be loaded in your site…”

This doesn’t appear to be true. I have lots of css files loading after the custom.css from Uber modules. This means any custom styling has to always include the “!important” rule to make it work. Surely this isn’t how it’s supposed to work?

Any ideas how to move the custom.css so it always loads after last as it should?

Many thanks,

Shorn.

TomC Moderator

Custom.css only works for core Joomla and core template files. It does not work (so well) with specific module CSS files. For this you need to modify the specific module CSS file/items.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum