Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I cannot seem to get the small icons, image/video to show – styling like the demo page for my Facebook or video page.

I have selected the exact setup that was used in the demo.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

1. Video_Page
    TomC Moderator

On which page of the demo is the element you are missing?

For that matter … on which page of YOUR site is the above image found? I brought up your site and looked at/on the “GET INVOLVED” page – but it does not look like the image you posted. In fact, it looks pretty good – with images and all.

cconner1000 Friend

Thanks for the quick response!

But “pretty good” …maybe you did not understand that I was asking why the icons and styling do not match your demo site, when I have the same settings applied.

Here is our site:

http://www.artswesternct.org/index.php/get-involved/front-end-social-feeds/facebook-feeds

Here is the demo page:

http://www.photographer-blog.com/index.php/k2/facebook

I must be missing something here to make them match.

Thanks again for all of your help.

1. face_book_page
    TomC Moderator

ahhhhh, okay ….. that’s why I asked about the specific page you were referring to.

I believe you are referring to the JA Social Feed Plugin . . .

The following is excerpted from the JA ZITE USERGUIDE for Joomla 2.5

5. JA Social Feed Plugin

Backend Settings

When content get from social feeds, it is stored as Joomla! article or K2 item.

After that, you create menu to display the items to front-end. The menu type = K2 –> Categories

Note: The items displayed in front-end in our demo of menu: K2 –> Facebook Content Tyle use ja_zite template (the template is configured in the setting of K2 Category.

Twitter Setting
    Youtube Setting
    Vimeo Setting
    Instagram Setting
    Flick Setting

View our detail guide HERE

[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]Are you certain you followed the steps outlined in the above guide for configuring your particular social feed settings?

cconner1000 Friend

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

It was the very last item your list above. I did not have the ja_zite selected.

Thanks again.

TomC Moderator

Glad to be of assistance !!!

ALL THE BEST with your continuing site development.

🙂

isaac_miller Friend

Hi there,

I’m having a similar problem. I’ve done all the steps correctly (pretty much copied a joomweb demo site) but i’m facing two main problems:

– I don’t get the correct styling por each type of feed (e.g. youtube, facebook and twitter have the same styling)
    – whenever there’s a picture or video in the feed i get it duplicated right below the title and before the main text.

Can anyone help me on this one please?

Thank you,

1. Captura-de-pantalla-2013-05-09-a-las-03.39.23
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Hi isaac_miller,

I’m not sure the problem still face of your site. However, as I can see the screenshot your sent, I guess it is refering to K2 css style. You can try to use K2 css style here.

+ Download and extract my attached file
    + Copy it into: templates/ja_zite/css/k2.css
    + Remember to backup old file before doing
    + Don’t forget to clear cache from admin area

JA Zite Template have been supported three css style appear with K2: ja_zite, ja_zite_blog, ja_zite-static, you can set it with each category in K2

Regards

1. k2.zip
    isaac_miller Friend

Thanks for the file! It seems that I had missed the metadata “keyword” description as well. Perfectly configured now except for the double module problem I’ve addressed in another post.

Thank you very much!

isaac_miller Friend

Actually I’ve got another issue reltaed to the k2 styling. As you can see in the files attached both the instagram and twitter category have wined up like this somehow. Can you help me on that one please?

Thank you.

1. Captura-de-pantalla-2013-05-11-a-las-01.37.02
    2. Captura-de-pantalla-2013-05-11-a-las-02.21.20
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Can you pm me url of your site and admin access? I shall check it for you.

isaac_miller Friend

PM sent. I hope we can fix it 🙂

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have configured the menu of your site here

The problem of your site has gone, please check it again, let me know if it helps

1. Config_Menu
    isaac_miller Friend

Actually it’s gone worse, not only have the instagram and twitter categories don’t get the right styling but the facebook page category which was working fine has lost it’s styling too.

I beg you to check it out again. It’s really weird. I’m leaving you the screenshots.

Thanks a lot.

1. Captura-de-pantalla-2013-05-16-a-las-21.03.58
    2. Captura-de-pantalla-2013-05-16-a-las-21.04.40
    3. Captura-de-pantalla-2013-05-16-a-las-21.09.16
    Ninja Lead Moderator

Very strange with your problem, now i can not config on facebook category incorrect and other category the same problem.

You can pm me ftp account of your site. I will compare ja_zite, ja_zite_blog, ja_zite-static k2 template of your site with default again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum