Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

New into Joomla, and first template bought off Joomlart.

Using JA Methys Template for Joomla 1.5 and I have some problems with it.

First, the URL is : http://www.detentealasourcespa.ca/devfinal/

Here are the problems:

1. Where is located the header ‘template’ with infos as Metas, Title, etc. , I need to modify those but can’t find anything, anywhere in the template files. (Title remains ‘Fashion news’… argg)

2. Where can I modify the frontpage layout for the module named ‘fashion news’ in the middle of the frontpage. I have been searching everywhere! (1st of all, what module is this thing, can’t find it in the back-end).

3. Where can I modify informations in , for example, in the footer? I want to add my company logo in there and can’t find where the default templates/layouts are…

4. I find this template REALLY hard to modify, files are stored in too much folders and makes the process harder,,,

Sorry, but I am having a really hard time with this… I used 1-2 other Joomla templates before and those were so much better organized and really easy to modify πŸ™

TomC Moderator

<em>@woohoomarketing 244475 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    1. Where is located the header ‘template’ with infos as Metas, Title, etc. , I need to modify those but can’t find anything, anywhere in the template files. (Title remains ‘Fashion news’… argg)</blockquote>
    This first issue is easily fixed. You go into your administration panel – Menu Manager – Main Menu – Home (Accueil) – click on the “Parameters (System)” tab (to the right) – change the “Page Title” to whatever you want.

<em>@woohoomarketing 244475 wrote:</em><blockquote>2. Where can I modify the frontpage layout for the module named ‘fashion news’ in the middle of the frontpage. I have been searching everywhere! (1st of all, what module is this thing, can’t find it in the back-end).</blockquote>
    I’m not 100% certain about what you’re referring to here . . . When I look at your site, I do not see the words “Fashion News” anywhere but in the tab within my Firefox browser (which you will be fixing shortly). Is it appearing somewhere else? Which page on you site (can you provide a link)?

<em>@woohoomarketing 244475 wrote:</em><blockquote>3. Where can I modify informations in , for example, in the footer? I want to add my company logo in there and can’t find where the default templates/layouts are…</blockquote>
    There is a “footer.php” file – as well as footer css rules within the template.css file. I do not currently see any footer info on your site now. ONE idea you might consider is this …. there is already a “banner” image within a custom mod that is assigned to the footer position. Perhaps you can simply replace that image with an image of your company’s logo?

Another way to simulate a “footer” area feel is within the user 6 – user 10 positions … the styling for such is controlled by the botsl css rules within the template.css file. With a little trial-and-error and creativity, you can create your own custom “footer” at the bottom of your pages. (Just an idea for an alternative way to accomplish this).

<em>@woohoomarketing 244475 wrote:</em><blockquote>4. I find this template REALLY hard to modify, files are stored in too much folders and makes the process harder,,,</blockquote>
    Granted, the T3 file structure (and MOST file structures these days since the advent of Joomla 1.5 and beyond) have become more complex. However, do you ever use any of the browser based web-development tools – such as Firebug (for Firefox, as an example)? If you turn off the CSS compression within the Template Manager, these tools are basically roadmaps for where which files and/or CSS rules the various elements of any given template.

You seem to be coming along very well thus far. Also, do not hesitate to search through the various questions and “solved issues” threads within the Methys section. I am currently working with this template as well, and I have found the community forum resources to be an invaluable resource for help and issues – some of which have already been asked and answered.

Hope some of that information will be helpful. Keep us posted on your progress … GOOD LUCK !!!

πŸ™‚

Woo Hoo Friend

Darn!!!

Is the CSS compression is the reason why, when I look into firebug, I get reference to cs576713416243.css ???

Is yes, then thanks A LOT for the tip! πŸ™‚

for the point number 2. Look on the frontpage layout, look where there is a blog-feed style section in the center. This is where you see all the dates and articles. I want to change the layout of those articles on the frontpage, as well as maybe removing it and putting something static.

So I would need to know where exactly is this layout so I can modify it πŸ™‚

As for the footer, yes, I removed it for now, not finding where to change / add infos.

For the title part, thanks for the answer πŸ™‚ it is WAD now πŸ™‚

TomC Moderator

I am actually experiencing an issue with the Methys J1.5 Blog layout as well …. hopefully to be resolved soon.
    I believe (at least some) of the css rules for the blog section are within the K2.css

I will share what I learn as soon as the issue is resolved.

Woo Hoo Friend

Ok thank! waiting for you πŸ™‚

TomC Moderator

<em>@woohoomarketing 244654 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok thank! waiting for you :)</blockquote>
    Just an update …. Still working on it.

Woo Hoo Friend

Ok now everything is in order except this:

I want to completely remove the blog feed from the frontpage. I removed all articles in it, so now only the title appears (look on the frontpage, near the footer).

How do I remove that? I looked everywhere, this is not a module/plugin….

Thanks! πŸ™‚

TomC Moderator

Which “title” are you referring to? … what’s the actual “title?”

By the way, to resolve MY particular issue, I basically started from scratch. Wasn’t a big deal for me, since the only changes I made were in the CSS – so I just saved a back-up copy and then re-applied the changes I made before and everything was as I wanted it. So, I’m still not sure what caused my particular problem in the first place, but all’s well that end’s well I suppose.

Woo Hoo Friend

I mean the blog feed title (look down, near the footer, where it is shown the name of the website ‘dΓ©tente a la source spa’ where DETENTE is in pink πŸ™‚

It is like the title of the blog feed, I want to completely remove that πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Woo Hoo 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum