Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author

It’s actually pretty easy. In the index.php you will find a part that starts with

Begin header ….
    up to end header

and then there is a part

Begin main navigation ….
    up to end navigation

It shouldn’t be too difficult to find.

Copy & cut the header part and place it above the main navigation and the header will appear above the navigation 🙂

The banner position then needs to be placed where the original template displays the date. Not too difficult to find either.

<div class=”ja-day”>
    <?php
    echo “<span>”.date (‘l’).”</span>”;
    echo ” <div>”.date (‘M’).” “.date (‘d’).date (‘S’).”</div>”;
    ?>
    </div>

This part needs to be replaced by the banner-code posted above otherwise there would be a conflict between date and banner.

Great site by the way !!

eetu Friend

Sorry, guys, I haven’t been able to follow the thread. The last reply was right. Sorry for the confusion.

seat42f Friend

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Okay.. one more question.. How do you get the new header to match the menu color? the dark grey/black color?

And I was able to flip the header and menu and remove the date and add the banner module…. but the module is in the middle of the header… how do I move it to the right?

Again many thanks!!!!!

seat42f Friend

Lots of googling later i think I figured out one of my questions…… I put the banner top module in the index as instructed above and that put a banner on top…. then I went to the css and added the line below to the header….

my question is this… is this good coding? It works but I want to make sure it was done right so I dont have site problems?

#banner-top { float: right; }

Thanks!!!!!!

Now if I can just figure out how to change the background color on the header 🙂

bigrk Friend

<em>@seat42f 19307 wrote:</em><blockquote>Lots of googling later i think I figured out one of my questions…… I put the banner top module in the index as instructed above and that put a banner on top…. then I went to the css and added the line below to the header….

my question is this… is this good coding? It works but I want to make sure it was done right so I dont have site problems?

#banner-top { float: right; }

Thanks!!!!!!

Now if I can just figure out how to change the background color on the header :)</blockquote>

Read this thread: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/module-positions-7/#post-220799

seat42f Friend

so close… color changed…. but now I have a white section in between my header and the menu bar….

guessing I need to edit the menu bar to the top somehow????

bigrk Friend

What’s your url?

seat42f Friend

check your pm….

bigrk Friend

I just took a look and all looks fine. Good luck with the site.

seat42f Friend

what browser are you using? Im looking in firefox and safari and just had two other members look and they see the same thing I do… white block in the header…..between the header and menu….

bigrk Friend

I don’t know…It was really wierd?? I just looked at your site and the header background was all white and it looked okay. I just looked again and it’s half and half, crazy. Did you do anything with the header-bg.gif?

seat42f Friend

nope have not touched that…. I am trying to remove all the white area..just want one solid color ( the dark grey )..

you have a suggestion for the header-bg.gif?

bigrk Friend

In the post I referred you to it said the following. I looked at your CSS and and you have not changed the padding and if you didn’t do anything with the header-bg.gif file you were supposed to change its size. Or you could just paint it the color you want. I am pretty sure that is where your problem is.

2) To replace the background just look for the header-bg.gif file. When you open it it will be very small. I changed mine from 1 x 40px to 235 x 250px and then made sure it tiled ok when put together. Save new file as the original and it’s good to go.

3) In template.css file just go to this line:
    /* HEADER
    ——————————————————— */
    #ja-headerwrap {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #999999;
    background: url(../images/header-bg.gif) repeat-x bottom #FFFFFF;
    }

#ja-header {
    padding: 5px 0; just change the 15 to 5
    line-height: normal;
    text-align: left;
    position: relative;

seat42f Friend

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great info…..

bigrk Friend

<em>@seat42f 19371 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great info…..</blockquote>

Yes, you did it and it looks great! Good Luck with the new site. 😎

Randy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  astyles 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum