Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

How can I have different Main menu items from left colum menu as thay are dublicated each time I create a link in the main menu?

many thanks

Phill Moderator

Create a new menu in the menu manager then open the module for the left menu and change the settings to point to the new menu you have created.

Hopefully that makes sense as I haven’t worded it that well.

ak1design Friend

Hi phill,
    thanks for the reply
    🙂

Vijayesh Sainju Friend

Hi,

I am new to Joomla, but I work with PHP/CSS with no problem.

I want a horizonal menu running accross the top that goes..
    Home | About Us | FAQ | Contact Us….

Then I want a menu on the left running vertically down that reads.
    Home
    Services
    Products
    Contact Us

+++++++++++++++++++

As you can see some of the menu items like ‘Home’, ‘Contact Us’ in both the “TOP” menu and the “LEFT” menu are the same and some are different.

There is a “Main Menu *” already that whenever I add any menu items to adds to both the top horizontal and the left vertical menus.

I would appreciate it if someone could throw in a few words describing what I am supposed to do.

Thanks in advance,

gschorr Friend

go into extensions – module manager and edit main menu. By menu assignments click on no (you don’t want it to come on the left for any pages). You should still have it on top and not on left. You wil have to create a new menu for the new things you want on the left and then assign it to menus you want it to come up for.

Vijayesh Sainju Friend

That was short but very effective.
    Thanks a bunch gschorr

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Vijayesh Sainju 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum