Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi Dozza !
    because before you add <br /> to menu item title , so it causes the problem , now , please remove all <br /> tag in menu title and change css file like my last post !

dozza Friend

hainn

Sorry, I had checked the css update on a local MAMP install and it still wasn’t working, but forgot that you wouldn’t be seeing that!!

OK, i’ve implmented your css tweaks on the live site now and it has sorted out the horizontal main-menu which is great (i’ve had to alter the padding slightly, but it’s your suggestion in essence).

However the main-menu that displays in the left column does not correct itself when I remove the <br/> from the menu item titles. I’ve analysed the element path to the home menu item (in the left main-menu) in the live site and compared it to a local MAMP install and the demo on Joomlart (where it works correctly) and noticed the following difference:

Correct path:

...>div.ja-innerpad>div.moduletable>table>tbody>tr>td>a#active_menu.mainlevel

Live site (incorrect??)

...>div.ja-innerpad>div.moduletable>ul.menu>li#current.active.item1

Is this the root of the problem and if so, how do I fix it?

Many thanks once again.

Sherlock Friend

Hi Dozza !
    it is problem in config of left menu , you can reconfig it following way below :
    – Go to admin >> extensions >> module manager >> select mainmenu module
    – On right panel , you set menu style to “list” and module class suffix to “_menu”

dozza Friend

hainn

This is strange….

I thought it had something to do with those module parameter settings. The way you describe above is exactly how the incorrectly styled menu was already set up!

However, when I changed the menu style to ‘Legacy – Vertical’ (or ‘Legacy – Horizontal’) it displays with the correct styling. It doesn’t make any difference if i then apply the module class suffix ‘_menu’ or not.

This seems quite strange behaviour, but it has produced the disered effect so I am happy.

Your thoughts?

Sherlock Friend

Hi Dozza !
    sorry , this is my mistake , in my local there are 2 mainmenu module , one is active , one is inactive , i have saw config inactive mainmenu. :D. that’s right , menu style must be ‘Legacy – Vertical” . i’m really sorry !

dozza Friend
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dozza 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum