Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

The menu does not show by default for normal browsing on desktop or laptop. It would be normal for a mobile device (iPad or phone).
    User needs to expand the browser to almost fill the screen of the workstation or laptop in order to display the main menu under the logo.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I checked the site , The menu is working fine in the desktop view and in smaller devices menu becomes in the sidebar .
    Could u explain the issue with screenshots so i have a closer look on your issue .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I checked the site , The menu is working fine in the desktop view and in smaller devices menu becomes in the sidebar .
    Could u explain the issue with screenshots so i have a closer look on your issue .

aronisoft Friend

Yes, the menu shows at the top if one expands the browser beyond the normal viewing mode. Otherwise it is hidden on the left (which is normal for responsive templates when one uses mobile devices or shrinks the browser too much) , even when we still have extra space on the browser. With previews versions of JA MAGZ, I could adjust the extra space around the top menu, to avoid the behavior by adjusting the span in header scripts. It appears that option is no longer available in the header.php scripts.

aronisoft Friend

Yes, the menu shows at the top if one expands the browser beyond the normal viewing mode. Otherwise it is hidden on the left (which is normal for responsive templates when one uses mobile devices or shrinks the browser too much) , even when we still have extra space on the browser. With previews versions of JA MAGZ, I could adjust the extra space around the top menu, to avoid the behavior by adjusting the span in header scripts. It appears that option is no longer available in the header.php scripts.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In small layout menu is hidden not show same a desktop because of responsive design , its same for all templates .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In small layout menu is hidden not show same a desktop because of responsive design , its same for all templates .

aronisoft Friend

@pankajsharma
    thank you.

I am attaching three screenshots:
    1) AfroAmerica_samejoomlart & Joomlart-1 – you may see that in viewing with the same width, Joomlart shows the menu and AfroAmerica already hides the the menu to the top left. Joomlart web being also responsive, I would expect AfroAmerica Network to show the menu using the same viewing sizes as Joomlart. By the way, even using iPad in landscape mode (1024×786), Joomlart, like many responsive templates tested, still shows the menu. JA MAGZii doesn’t and instead, minimizes the menu to the top left.

2) AfroAmerica_toolarge. If one extends the width of the web browser to almost fill 15′ laptop screen, then one can see the menu.

As said before, in earlier versions of JA MAGZ, one could reduce the white space around the menu, to make it appears, even in he following sizes: 1024 portrait on laptop/desktop or 1024×768 on mobile devices.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In Magz II the Menu break point comes earlier due to the whole menu does not fit in the medium size devices .
    and Mega menu change into off-canvas menu .
    You can change the break-point .
    Go to templatesja_magz_iilessvariable.less
    Find this code :

// Point at which the navbar stops collapsing
    @grid-float-breakpoint: @screen-md-max;

Replace it with

// Point at which the navbar stops collapsing
    @grid-float-breakpoint: @screen-sm-max;

Save it , Compile Less to Css from template options and check.

aronisoft Friend

Thanks, @pankajsharma. It is working now.

aronisoft Friend

Thanks, @pankajsharma. It is working now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  aronisoft 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum