Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi

Nickel from JA is a wonderful template for my application. I wonder how do I remove the ‘Orange’ color from the selected menu item?

Link

Also, I would like to decrease the gap between the galllery and breadcrumbs.

Finally, I would like to have the thumbnail navigation in the frontpage slideslow just like JA Quartz template. The slider bar navigating between the thumbnails is all I want to bring to this slideshow.

Thank you!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

To decrease the gap between the gallery and breadcrumps. First Backup your template.css file and then open your template.css and around line 585

change this
    [PHP]
    #ja-container-fr #ja-content .main {
    padding: 15px 0 15px 15px;
    }[/PHP]

to

[PHP]#ja-container-fr #ja-content .main {
    padding: 15px 0 2px 15px;
    }[/PHP]

sadesh Friend

Thank you drarvindc.

btw, how do I remove the ‘Orange’ color from the selected menu item?

and

I would like to have the thumbnail navigation in the frontpage slideslow just like JA Quartz template. The slider bar navigating between the thumbnails is all I want to bring to this slideshow.

Thanks a lot.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@sadesh 121310 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you drarvindc.

btw, how do I remove the ‘Orange’ color from the selected menu item?

and

I would like to have the thumbnail navigation in the frontpage slideslow just like JA Quartz template. The slider bar navigating between the thumbnails is all I want to bring to this slideshow.

Thanks a lot.</blockquote>

Hi sadesh, next time dont hurry to mark the best answer. I only replied to your 1 question there are still two more pending. If you mark the answer then it is seen as if the thread has been solved.

If you wish to remove orange color, what color you wish in its place? I am not sure about your frontpage slideshow as of quartz. May be replacing the slideshow module from quartz quickstart (which is supplied with the slideshow module in extension folder of quickstart.zip). may help. Will have to try this first on localhost or demo site.

sadesh Friend

Oops! I am sorry about it.

I prefer to have the background of this website to replace the orange color? 😉

I tried switching the module to the previous one..didn’t work that way..And, when I turn off the navigation controls, the slideshow doesn’t show up.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@sadesh 121316 wrote:</em><blockquote>Oops! I am sorry about it.

I prefer to have the background of this website to replace the orange color? 😉

</blockquote>

do you wish blue color? to me the background color means white color.

the orange color for activated link is from this code, open templates/ja_nickel/ja_menus/ja_moomenu/ja.moomenu.css, around line 103 you see :

[PHP]
    #ja-cssmenu li.active {
    background: url(../../images/mainnav-active-r.gif) no-repeat right top;
    }[/PHP]

that image “mainnav-active-r.gif” is responsible for your orange color.

1. If you wish a different color you can modify this file with your color by use of photoshop or whatever you are comfortable with.
    2. You wish to have blue color or do not want the activated color you may modify the code to this

[PHP]
    #ja-cssmenu li.active {
    background: none;
    }

#ja-cssmenu li.active a {
    background: none;
    color: #FFFFFF;[/PHP]

But removing the activated color, makes it difficult to judge which link is activated as all looks the same.

<blockquote>

I tried switching the module to the previous one..didn’t work that way..And, when I turn off the navigation controls, the slideshow doesn’t show up.</blockquote>

Please explain, i did not understand what you mean to say by switching.

sadesh Friend

Thanks a lot! Works great to change the color for the activated menu item.

Regarding the thumbnails, I prefer not to have it. 🙂 Thanks a lot drarvindc.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@sadesh 121526 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks a lot! Works great to change the color for the activated menu item.

Regarding the thumbnails, I prefer not to have it. 🙂 Thanks a lot drarvindc.</blockquote>

Glad it worked. at the same time you can also view my post at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-nickel-userguide/

This will help you resolve a small not found error from the Ja Nickel template. Hope this will be fixed by the developers over the time.

Have fun. Cheers

regards

arvind

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum