Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I have 2 sublevels in some of the menus. They show at the top (transmenu) but on the left menu only shows 1 sublevel. Can anyone point me the way to fix this please?

Thanks in advance!

easykey Friend

Are you displaying the main menu on the left as well as the main menu along the top?

If so – I would suggest you unpublish the main menu module (in modules) so the main menu is only displayed along the top so not to confuse your visitors with two menus

eduardo mateos Friend

Thanks for your reply, easykey. The thing is that I´d like to use both menus because I might unpublish the top menu at some point. Could you point me how to set thing up to make the main menu display an extra level?

eduardo mateos Friend

anyone, please?

eduardo mateos Friend

Anybody out thereeeee?????!

Great support…

easykey Friend

Most (not all) Joomlart templates use the mainmenu for navigation along the top. The mainmenu is repeated down the left in modules so this is what I suggest if you want two menus.

1. Unpublish the mainmenu module in modules (this will get rid of the vertical repeated menu leaving you with just the horizontal across the top)

2. In Admin Control Panel go to Menu / Menu Manager and creat a new menu called leftmenu

3. Now Go to Modules / Site Modules and publish the leftmenu (position left)

4. Finally you can now go to Menu / leftmenu and add new items to the left menu

Tip to save time – you can go to Menu / mainmenu and either move or copy (duplicate) menu items from the mainmenu to the leftmenu

Some of the older Joomlart Templates use topmenu (along the top) and mainmenu (vertical) i.e. Antares and some of the newer templates display mainmenu along the top with sub items of the main menu vertically – using splitmenu (only showing the sub items in context within the top level section) i.e. Mageia template does this

I hope that is helpful

eduardo mateos Friend

Definitely helpful. Very much appreciated 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eduardo mateos 16 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum