Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

This is exactly what I was looking for, but there are some problems. For a gaming site, there is no image gallery, which JA Showcase should have been integrated. Also, where is the Video module ?? This is also a must, which should have been included.

The other problem is the use of Fireboard. It has not been upgraded on a regular bases and lacks many features compared to other forum options.

Phbb3 should have been used for ease of use and security reasons.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Menalto Friend

I agree with the Fireboard part, they should have waited until it is native for 1.5 and a new and better version:)
    but at the other hand, Fireboard is the best forum software out there as a component for Joomla at the moment.

Hung Dinh Friend

Menalto;84498I agree with the Fireboard part, they should have waited until it is native for 1.5 and a new and better version:)
    but at the other hand, Fireboard is the best forum software out there as a component for Joomla at the moment.

No worry guys. As soon as Fireboard is updated to native for 1.5, then the template and quickstart package will be updated as well.

So why we have to wait for 1.5 if you decide to go for Fireboard? Of cause there are sophisticated forum platform out there but if you need a simple discussion board, Fireboard is a good choice and the cool think is you just click ‘n go. If you want Phbb, Vbulletin the you need to do the intergration, redesign the theme to match with Joomla…. And then, it is another story.

I agree, as a Joomla component, FF is the best.

mmckeen Friend

You should also consider Agora at http://www.joomlame.com. I use their forum. Native 1.5 and it is a complete forum for Joomla (no bridge). Very fast and the developers actually work on the code!

mj1256 Friend

I find fireboard the best also, and it works fine and is very flexible.

as for adding the gallery, i find that the choices for gallery components for cb are still an issue,
    in my experience none of them really do what they are needed to do with out a lot of reworking

zoom was on the right track, but was discontinued and is buggy
    coppermine and gallery need bridges and are complicated

if I was JA, I would not have integrated a gallery component either, but….with having the resources of the joomlancers available, i would commission a new gallery component to be built that integrates with cb

swemmel Friend

lotushost;84495
    The other problem is the use of Fireboard. It has not been upgraded on a regular bases and lacks many features compared to other forum options.

Phbb3 should have been used for ease of use and security reasons.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi,

When you want to use phpbb3 and have it integrated in Joomla (single login for Joomla and forum), you may want to take a look at this component, jFusion. It is still in Alpha-phase, but it looks already promising. I am developing a Teline II based website and needed to integrate the login for vBulletin-forum and this component does the trick for me. This component also works with Community Builder, wich I also use (I use CB version 1.2RC3) on the site to be developed. You can choose to show-up your forum in a wrapper or as another page. Frameless integration is not ready yet. This component is only for Joomla 1.5.7 native.

The component can also be used for: SMF, myBB, punBB, magento, IPB. And also for a single login between 2 Joomla-sites.

The bridge can be found here: http://www.jfusion.org.

For a look at this website, wich I am developing: http://ppcd.swem-webdesign.com.

With kind regards,
    Peter

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Mmckeen,

Hmm…your Pets website is using Fireboard. Can you point me to your site with Agora? I’d like to see how someone is using it in the real world.

Thanks.
    John.

bympub Friend

Hey I went to your Dubia page how did you create a section comment after your article. Looking to do something like that on my site.

swemmel Friend

bympub;86453Hey I went to your Dubia page how did you create a section comment after your article. Looking to do something like that on my site.

Hi,

It is a commercial component called JomComment that we used for this. But there are also several free ones to be found. Take a look here: http://extensions.joomla.org/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=listcats&cat_id=1764&Itemid=35

With kind regards,
    Peter

reachthesky Friend

If you go to Agora’s forum, you will see a “real site” using it. It has a few categories and seems a bit updated. Perhaps you can try to look at that forum and see how if you like it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  reachthesky 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum