Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

How do I make the articles on the Latest module on the home page open up on its own page instead of showing it beneath the Latest module again when an article is clicked.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@kolexinfo 432095 wrote:</em><blockquote>How do I make the articles on the Latest module on the home page open up on its own page instead of showing it beneath the Latest module again when an article is clicked.</blockquote>
    Hi
    i just checked your site .
    If you don`t want to show the modules on single article page .
    you need to select the module page assignment only for the home page .
    Go to module manager
    select position home-10 , home-11 , home-12
    open the modules and set the assignment of page only for homepage .
    >>>Also assign all categories to a menu to if the category is not selected by any menu then the article of those category will open on the home page like your case

hope it helps

kehinde kolade Friend

The Modules are for the Home page only yet when you click an article on it shows below these modules like some sticky setting

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@kolexinfo 432119 wrote:</em><blockquote>The Modules are for the Home page only yet when you click an article on it shows below these modules like some sticky setting</blockquote>
    Hi
    as i mentioned above in red color lines
    you need to assign(add) the category to menu otherwise its article will open on the page .
    the category demo-contents and politics
    are not assigned to any menu thats the reasons articles opens on home page

kehinde kolade Friend

How do you mean can you exlpain further about “Assign a category to a Menu”

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@kolexinfo 432123 wrote:</em><blockquote>How do you mean can you exlpain further about “Assign a category to a Menu”</blockquote>
    sure
    create a menu for example Politics
    > meny type >article> category blog
    add the category demo-content in it and publish it .
    now the article that are in the category demo-content will open under the menu Politics
    not on homepage 🙂

kehinde kolade Friend

I have just associated the Demo-Content category to the featured articles layout type for the home button but yet the articles display under the main modules on trying to view an article.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@kolexinfo 432128 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have just associated the Demo-Content category to the featured articles layout type for the home button but yet the articles display under the main modules on trying to view an article.</blockquote>
    you selected it for home menu so it will show the menu on home page .
    and latest module is also assigned on home page .
    associate the categories news/politics/demo content to different menu
    so that the article will goes on the respective menu url .
    Hope it make sense

kehinde kolade Friend

I sent you a direct message please check you inbox, the latest module is assigned only to the home menu yet it still shows up when any of those articles is opened.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi ,
    i already checked your site you selected the category to the home page, thats why the articles are opened on the home page please assigne the category to different menu, then it will open on that specific menu.
    The same i mentioned in Red colors line above #2 post

kehinde kolade Friend

The challenge with this is, If I move the articles to a new category or menu it would no longer show up on the Latest Module in position home-10, what I want is when the articles featured with the Latest Module are clicked they should open up on their own page instead of opening under the lastest module which gives the user the impression that he is still on the open page before scrolling down.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<blockquote>If I move the articles to a new category or menu it would no longer show up on the Latest Module in position home-10</blockquote>

You can add the new category in latest module
    from module options to show the articles in latest module .

1. lates
    kehinde kolade Friend

When I added this new category to the Latest Module the same started happening to them when they are opened/clicked on the home-10 position i.e. in the Latest Module

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Please take a backup of your site and let me know,
    so that i can take a try on it .
    If possible install the backup copy on your test server and PM me details of it .

kehinde kolade Friend

You can go ahead I already PM you details to login with

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum