Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

If you are doing a fresh install then download the latest version from here (stating the bleeding obvious here). I think that is what you are asking? You want to do a fresh install on the .com domain?

GeoVi Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 208033 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you are doing a fresh install then download the latest version from here (stating the bleeding obvious here). I think that is what you are asking? You want to do a fresh install on the .com domain?</blockquote>

I am not sure how to update joomla or the template to the latest version. I thought if I installed Quickstart, ALL the latest software, plugins, templates etc. were installed at that time.

I’ll figure it out.

I was going to transfer the site to a different domain on the same server. I read it was just best to do a redirection from the new domain (.com) to the existing one (.info) so that’s what I did.

Since you’re recommending upgrading Joomla, template and JAT3 plugin, I was wondering if a fresh install w/same database would work on the .com domain.

Phill Moderator

Updating Joomla is very simple. Backup files and database first. Simply go to the joomla downloads page and get the latest patch package. Unzip it and upload all of the files overwriting the existing ones.

Once you have done that JA have now come up with a simple component that will take a lot of the work and worry out of updating all your joomla components, the JA Extensions Manager – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-extensions-manager-1-5-0-released/….

Install that and update your template and JAT3 plugin and you should be good to go.

If you have any problems just ask.

GeoVi Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 208058 wrote:</em><blockquote>Updating Joomla is very simple. Backup files and database first. Simply go to the joomla downloads page and get the latest patch package. Unzip it and upload all of the files overwriting the existing ones.

Once you have done that JA have now come up with a simple component that will take a lot of the work and worry out of updating all your joomla components, the JA Extensions Manager – http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-extensions-manager-1-5-0-released/….

Install that and update your template and JAT3 plugin and you should be good to go.

If you have any problems just ask.</blockquote>

Phil, hope you rested well. Thank you for this post.

I have upgraded Joomla, installed the JA Extensions Manager component (super cool!) and attempted to perform the upgrades. JAT3 plugin upgraded. The template is current per this component. Thanks!

I’m curious. If I simply downloaded the Template file and uploaded it, would that affect the Quickstart template install?

Avis

Phill Moderator

No, you can upgrade like that. All the quickstart is are some extra images, some extra components already in their folders and some database entries for all the settings and sample content. Replacing the template should not affect that.

GeoVi Friend

Okay. It would be fatal to uninstall it first, correct? (I’m asking for future reference since the component tells me JA Droid is current on my site.) But, I may try it to see if that menu will not be highlighted even when not selected.

Thanks, Phil. I am grateful for your time and assistance.

Enjoy a lovely holiday!

Kindest regards,
    Avis

Phill Moderator

I cannot see why that is staying highlighted. I do try and logon to your site to try and see what is going on but it takes over 2 minutes for me to load any page, back and front end. Often it is just timing out.

Please raise a ticket with your logon details and hopefully one of the devs can take a look. It is just not possible from my locale because of the timing out.

Have a great holiday and good luck with your site.

GeoVi Friend

I will do what you suggested. The site loads quickly for me, front-end and back-end.

Thanks for the holiday and best wishes on the site. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  GeoVi 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum