Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

As Iris is configured out-of-the-box, the mainnav extends only as far as there are menu items.

What I want to accomplish is to extend the mainnav bar across the full width of my site – very much like the main JoomlART website’s main navigation above (i.e. where the bar extends the full width, even though there are only five menu items).

How might I accomplish this within the Iris structure?

THANKS !!!

Sherlock Friend

HI tcraw1010 !
    Please send url of your site.

TomC Moderator

<em>@hainn84 63793 wrote:</em><blockquote>HI tcraw1010 !
    Please send url of your site.</blockquote>
    hainn . . . As I stated in my other thread, I am currently designing on my localhost server (via xammp). So, I cannot provide a url at this time.

I’m thinking my question is a matter of a css configuration – I’m just not sure how to go about it.

Again, if you look at the Iris demo (quickstart) template, you will see the top mainnav menu items “Home, Typography, Layout, Sample Content, Contact Us.” The current “mainnav” css is such that the manu items have a border and an inactive background of “FFFFFF” – and the mainnav bar only extends across the width of the site as far as the last menu item – in the case of the Iris demo, “Contact Us.”

Now, in my designing, I have modified the “inactive” background color to a darker color – and what I want to accomplish is to have the mainnav menu “bar” extend across the full width of the site . . . pretty much exactly like the main JoomlART mainnav menu looks at the top of this page (see how the menu items end at “Contact Us,” but the nav bar (dark blue) extends the full width of the body of the site?)

I don’t know how better to explain it.

So, I am hoping that you or someone can assist me in how to configure this within the relative CSS files for Iris.

Menalto Friend

It should be enough to change to this here in template_css.css line 1075:

#ja-mainnav {
    background-image:url(../images/navbg.gif);
    background-repeat:repeat-x;
    border-style:none;
    bottom:0;
    left:0;
    position:absolute;
    width:100%;
    z-index:10;
    }

TomC Moderator

Oh man, I knew it would be something as simple as “width: 100%”

THANK YOU !!!

:-[

Menalto Friend

Yes it was in this case:p

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Menalto 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum