Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,

Need some little help cause i am confused with the mega menu. I want to change the background of the menu. Please see the attached pic. I want to change the blue color from the drop down and the color of the links inside. I tried to change from menu.css and light_ocean.css but with no success.
    Can please anyone give me some help?
    Thanks
    John

Saguaros Moderator

Hello

This is a issue from an old version, now please kindly go to the dowload section getting the package to upgrade your template. and then please check this issue again.

You should backup the current folder before upgrading.

sandstorm871 Friend

I was about to ask same question, but found this thread in the forum..

This problem is still insitu. It shows up on your demo template site.
    Also I have just downloaded the latest version and uploaded to my local server using the quick install with demo content.

Any ideas on how to resolve the problem of the light blue ocean menu, as it doesnt look to good at the moment

Thanks

Andy

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@sandstorm871 194517 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Any ideas on how to resolve the problem of the light blue ocean menu, as it doesnt look to good at the moment

Thanks

Andy</blockquote>

yes, i found that, the problem was happening when you clicked to the submenu and after the page loaded, so the menu displays well :), i have informed our developers this issue

joomlagarzideas Friend

Mega Menu is great however the above issue is giving us some headache if not resolve. Hopefully the dev’t team can figure out the issue towards resolution. Regards.

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@joomlagarzideas 194996 wrote:</em><blockquote>Mega Menu is great however the above issue is giving us some headache if not resolve. Hopefully the dev’t team can figure out the issue towards resolution. Regards.</blockquote>

Now, pls open the file templatesja_rasitecsscolorslight_green.css ( or templatesja_rasitecsscolorsTHEME_NAME.css)

and find the following code:

ul.level0 li.active a.mega {

replace:

ul.level0 > li.active > a.mega {

and find :

ul.level0 > li.active > a.mega span {

gengeru Friend

It works! Thank You for your response.

Also, I’m trying to use images on the mega menu but the image aligment don’t work properly. When the item menu is selected, the aligment looks fine but when is selected other option the aligment change and get mixed with the words of the item. What’s happening? Have anyone the same problem? Again, thanks for all your job and help

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@gengeru 196048 wrote:</em><blockquote>It works! Thank You for your response.

Also, I’m trying to use images on the mega menu but the image aligment don’t work properly. When the item menu is selected, the aligment looks fine but when is selected other option the aligment change and get mixed with the words of the item. What’s happening? Have anyone the same problem? Again, thanks for all your job and help</blockquote>

sorry, i could not help you in this case because the template does not support displaying icon in the ja menu. It is difficult to customize accordingly.

Thanks

gengeru Friend

<em>@tienhc 196163 wrote:</em><blockquote>sorry, i could not help you in this case because the template does not support displaying icon in the ja menu. It is difficult to customize accordingly.

Thanks</blockquote>

Oooops!! What a pity… Thank You very much, anyway. One last question… “How much flexible” is the your code to implement new features? I’m thinking about modify the module to get what I want… I don’t wanna to modify nothing untill You comfirm that.

Excuse me for the answer delay and thanks for your help

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@gengeru 196983 wrote:</em><blockquote>Oooops!! What a pity… Thank You very much, anyway. One last question… “How much flexible” is the your code to implement new features? I’m thinking about modify the module to get what I want… I don’t wanna to modify nothing untill You comfirm that.

Excuse me for the answer delay and thanks for your help</blockquote>

Lets put it this way. if you code edit (for your module) works with default joomla templates, then it should work with JA templates also. If they don’t then its a bug and we shall fix it.

Arvind

sandstorm871 Friend

Im still getting this problem, with this template. I have version 1.1.1 installed which after checking seems to be the latest version available.

I have attached screenshot – please how can i fix without having to mess about with code?

1. Screen-shot-2010-11-22-at-12.58.52
    sandstorm871 Friend

Ive added the code from tienhc as in post #6, this has fixed the problem for IE, Chrome & Safari, but now in firefox I dont see the mega menu but a flat menu – see screenshot.

Any Ideas?

timmiller Friend

Ok,
    I know it’s not perfect, but here is how I got this to work. If you don’t need to link the top menu item, it works ok.

Problem is that you dont’ get JA Extended Parameters unless you chose a K2 Category or other item related link.
    This is after you create your menu items and make them the way you want.

Go in and make your sub menu headings external links (after you chose to group them with the extended JA params) and then make the link field blank. Save. You can keep the submenu heading items a category link if you like, but I like for people not to hover and guess “what is this link.”

Next, for top menu item (after you set up the params the way you like them) and change this to an external link as well, leaving the link field (under the title and alias) blank. This way the hover works and you don’t get the background image messing up the menu items.

I know it’s not perfect, but it works. Here’s a working version I’m messing around with right now:
    visualedge.biz/dfwcgi2

Hope this was helpful.

——————————————–
    Edit: Never mind, once you select an item under the top menu item, all items inside mega menu look like this…with the highlighting in place…

I can’t use this menu if this is what it’s going to look like…I’ve spent hours working to get this MegaMenu to work on this template… If I can get some feedback, I’d also appreciate it.

——————————————–
    tm

Tim

timmiller Friend

Ok,

Actually I just went in and commented out the active background gif. It was on line 334 of the color css file.

I’m not sure now that this is the same as the orig issue on this thread…but it’s a start.

tm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  timmiller 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum