Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hey Guys,

http://www.visualedge.biz/dfwcgi2

Looking at the the menu items under “Expertise” I’d like to adjust the box of the sub-menu headings…

Please see the image below.

Thanks so much!

TomC Moderator

By “adjust,” do you mean increase the width? height? color?

timmiller Friend

Absolutely. According to the inline image, I’d just like to decrease the height, so as removing extra space.

I just could not see using FireBug how to adjust the box’s height…could change the color, corners and so on…

Thanks!

TomC Moderator

Try changing the padding parameters of mega.css line 50

ul.level0 li.mega a.mega span { padding: 3px 10px 19px 0;}

perhaps try . . .

ul.level0 li.mega a.mega span { padding: 3px 5px 5px 0;}

Is that kind of what you were looking for ??

timmiller Friend

Yea, Thanks…

It’s almost there. I was playing around with FireBug, and I can’t seem to pull the entire menu container back down without increasing that space in those subheading boxes.

Somewhere around line 44-45, but I can’t figure it out.

I’d like the arrow of the container to point directly to the bottom of the main menu line…

Thanks!

TomC Moderator

Perhaps a margin issue for the CSS that controls the background for the menu headings ??

timmiller Friend

perhaps, are you referring to template.css? Takiin a look…would be open for suggestions.

thansk again

TomC Moderator

<em>@timmiller 209054 wrote:</em><blockquote>perhaps, are you referring to template.css? Takiin a look…would be open for suggestions.
    </blockquote>
    It would be in the mega.css file.

I have to admit, I am not using this template – so I do not know which exact css line it is. However, in the templates I have used, the general structure is similar – so I am thinking there is a line that controls the background styling for the sub nav headings (perhaps one of the lines involving “group title” or “span title?”)

Look through the mega.css file for css rules that involve background settings, and see if any of those are the ones controlling the background/border for the sub-nav titles.

timmiller Friend

Funny,

In Chrome, nothing is changed. Still large boxes. I double checked and the code is changed. Reflected in FF and IE, just not Google.

Will definitely look into it however…It’s not broken right now so I’m apt to leave it.

Thanks!

timmiller Friend

I’ve made the icon repeated to show where padding is inside these boxes- shown in the image below.

How do I adjust the padding, left, right, top and bottom of the title that shows up inside these submenu item background boxes…I’ve tried to do what I know adjusting css, but to no avail?

Appreciate any help.

tm

Css Magician Friend

Dear timmiller,

I checked your site, did you fix the problem? I can’t see it.

timmiller Friend

Negative.

If you go to visualedge.biz/dfwcgi2 and hover over “expertise” you will see the submenu headers. I still need more padding or margins or whatever they are. You can see the word Commissioning is cut off. How can I adjust the margins inside the box?

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  timmiller 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum