Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

When using mega-menu and trying to brows the site with tab keyboard, I can’t click “enter” on keyboard to open the menu link when that menu item has a dropdown (using mouse hover). It’s an accessibility issue for people using tab navigation and I think it might be an SEO issue as well.

When using dropdown trigger “mouse click” it works fine.

It’s not related to the template but the t3 plugin. I saw this issue on every template that use mega-menu (ja-cagox for example)

Please advise.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    I am not sure how its an issue of SEO .
    this is not an issue , If you set have set the Mega menu settings to Mouse over it will work only if you will hover the mouse on it not on click.
    if you want it on mouse click you need to change the settings in template options from Mouseover to onlick .

ch2856 Friend

Thanks,

I understand, just saw other mega menu where tab navigation works.

Any way, I have other issue with the template. Why when I disable javascript, the site layout is not as I set it? when JS is disabled the site is being displayed as the moudle position and not the responsive layout, for example:
    Home-12 and home 13 being displayed with span 6 and span 6 and not span 9 and span 3 as I set it on the responsive layout.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Please share your working site url here and illustrate
    The problem in a screenshot . So can I see the issue . Currently I am not able get what problem you are facing due to JS .

ch2856 Friend

PM with login sent.

Sceenshot with JS on/off attached. (first one with JS disabled)

P.S should I change the .ini file at template/ja_magz/etc/layout?

Update: Dose the layout default change only when I convert less to css?

1. c1
    2. c2
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    I am not able to access your site .
    Access Forbidden >>> http://prntscr.com/6jvd1p
    + Let me know what do you mean by JS Disabled ?

ch2856 Friend

Sorry, I have removed the IP block.

Disabling JS on the browser.

I have found the issue, it’s on the file: template/ja_magz/etc/layout/default.ini

For example:
    [block1@spl-home-1]
    default=”span6″
    wide=”span8″
    xtablet=”span12″
    tablet=”span12″
    position=”home-12″

When the browser JS disabled, the template use the default value and not the wide which has been set on the tamplte layout admin.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi Please change the span size in the layout file
    Below is default size of position Home-10,11,12 .

[block1@spl-home-1]
    default="span6"
    xtablet="span12"
    tablet="span12"
    position="home-10"

[block2@spl-home-1]
    default="span4"
    xtablet="span8 spanfirst"
    tablet="span8 spanfirst"
    position="home-11"

[block3@spl-home-1]
    default="span2"
    xtablet="span4"
    tablet="span4"
    position="home-12"

Apply the same span size that you applied in the layout settings in template section .
    Take backup of size before applying changes .

sofian Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 464737 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello
    I am not sure how its an issue of SEO .
    this is not an issue , If you set have set the Mega menu settings to Mouse over it will work only if you will hover the mouse on it not on click.
    if you want it on mouse click you need to change the settings in template options from Mouseover to onlick .</blockquote>

if i change the settings in template options from Mouseover to onlick ,
    it will show when click on it and clicking anywhere on the page it will hide .

how to make it stick on the page after click and not hide if click on any place on the page ?
    this mean click on it will show the search or login or social , to close just to click on it again .
    in other words make it a toggly option (show/hide) without hide if click any where on the page outside of the menu .

thank you

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello its need a total customization on the menu files .Tha consume time and work , such work is not under support scope .
    i request you to upgrade your membership and put your request on ourpaid custom services here

sofian Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 466195 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello its need a total customization on the menu files .Tha consume time and work , such work is not under support scope .
    i request you to upgrade your membership and put your request on ourpaid custom services here </blockquote>

yes
    thank you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sofian 9 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum