Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Problem 1:

The first problem I seem unable to fix is this: In my megamenu the “Home” link would get the “active” class when on the home page and the relative css (White text instead of gray. But the other 3 links would not change state when selected, even though they have the “Active” class added.

Eventually, I wrote some additional CSS that makes it work for 2 of the 3 remaining links, but not for one of them and I am at a loss. This link is not getting an “Active” class at all.

Problem 2:

This is possibly an even bigger issue. For design reasons, 3 of my megamenu links have no sub-links, but rather I am loading a separate menu module. This works fine, except that as soon as I leave the landing page the top level megamenu link takes me to or if I click on one of the links in the module I load inside the link, the top level link no longer gets the “Active” class that let me tag is as the active menu link for that section of the site.

I realize this is normal behavior. On the left column I am loading the very same Menu Module I am loading in the megamenu and those links when selected do have the “Active” class added, but if a user relies on the main menu navigation to know where they are all 4 menu links are deactivated and they could be anywhere.

Is there a way to solve this without attempting to write multiple overrides (which I am not even sure it would work?

You can see these behaviors on my testing site here:

http://seogarden.com/cortina-systems/

Once you land on the page, click on “Company” and look at the color of the link, then click on “products” and “Support” and you’ll see they behave differently.

Then once inside Either “products” or “Support” try navigating with either the drop down menu or the left col menu and you’ll see that the parent link in the megamenu is no longer “active”.

Again, I am aware this is regular behavior, but I would like to find a way to keep the parent megamenu link stay “Active” while a user is navigating inside the product area or the other 2 main areas of the site with their respective links.

Thank you.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello,

Class ‘active’ is added to menu tell that you’re now in what menu. So if you’re in Homepage, menu item Home will be added class ‘active’.

<blockquote>White text instead of gray. But the other 3 links would not change state when selected, even though they have the “Active” class added.</blockquote>

<blockquote>I realize this is normal behavior. On the left column I am loading the very same Menu Module I am loading in the megamenu and those links when selected do have the “Active” class added, but if a user relies on the main menu navigation to know where they are all 4 menu links are deactivated and they could be anywhere.</blockquote>

I think you got it wrong here. I think one article is assigned to two menu item, and the menu on the left, and the main content. If you assign to two menu item, or just alias menu, the menu will get the active state for unexpected menu item.

So please try to assign one article or any properties to one menu item.

sotjoom2 Friend

<em>@Luna Garden 355679 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I think you got it wrong here. I think one article is assigned to two menu item, and the menu on the left, and the main content. If you assign to two menu item, or just alias menu, the menu will get the active state for unexpected menu item.

So please try to assign one article or any properties to one menu item.</blockquote>

Hi Luna, thank you for the replay. I am not sure what it is I “got wrong”. I am not objecting to being wrong, I am wrong often enough, I just simply do not understand what I am doing wrong.

Let’s take the “Products” link in the main menu. That link takes a use to a single page. In the drop down of that link instead of adding sub-links I added 3 modules each representing a different menu. Those same menus are displayed in the left column of the same page linked from the :Product” link. They are different modules of type menu but they display the same 3 menus.

Somehow I have to find a way to keep the Main Menu link as Active while a user navigates the pages relative to that area of the site. I don’t care how I do it, but from a UI standpoint it has to happen.

The reason why I am using modules, by the way, is because when I tried to insert the same links as sub-links of the “product” link in main menu, I was’t able to distribute them among the 3 columns in the way the design calls for. I was given a Photoshop template and told to make it happen in Joomla).

If you know of a way where I can reproduce the layout of all 3 of the drop down megamenu windows not using modules, I am pretty sure that will work, but I am also pretty sure I won’t be able to distribute the links in the same manner they are distributed now.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello SotJoom,

I can see that you have customized the Mega menu, new customization makes active class is not added on will not be applied for the parents menus, when child menu is active.

If you have change any thing on Mega menu please switch it back, or re-install JA T3.

You can check on our JA Zite demo here, the active state still works well: http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_zite/bonus-pages/all-category/our-businesses.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum